“Disgusting”

Ranked #38 of 43 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Vermont, Australia
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

this place was dirty and disgusting. the shower curtains were stained & dirty, the beds were so uncomfortable and dirty. the rugs weren't vacuumed. the workers were friendly and helpful though. i really loved the workers there. but the rooms were disgusting. i would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Flower S
Sean C, General Manager at The Grand Beach Inn, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm not sure if you brought your dissatisfaction to our attention as we would have done everything possible to meet AND exceed your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Dover, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was my worst hotel experience ever. We booked a room for one night that supposedly had two queen size beds, a balcony, and a full kitchen. The room we got had one bed, a " kitchen" that consisted of a sink, fridge, and microwave. The room was dirty and smelt bad and the tile on the bathroom floor was peeling off. They would not change our room to one that could fit 4 people, so after about three tries we got our money back and left at midnight for a three hour drive home. The service is terrible and the hotel was Gross, do not stay here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nicole E
Sean C, General Manager at The Grand Beach Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I am sorry to hear about your experience with us during your visit. We do not have any rooms that contain 2 queen beds with a balcony. We do offer rooms with 2 full size beds and a balcony with a full kitchen. We do everything in our power to accurately accommodate every guest reservation. Our rooms are cleaned and inspected after every guest. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to reach out to me directly at (207)934-4621.

Travelers are raving about these Old Orchard Beach hotels

Manchester, Connecticut, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I didn't expect a lot when I booked this hotel, but was looking for somewhere to stay in Old Orchard the week of July 4th and for $100 a night I ignored the reviews and crossed my fingers. Overall it is not a bad hotel - management was friendly, the room was clean and fairly updated. We had a large room with kitchenette (very old appliances but full size fridge). The beds were very uncomfortable as were the tiny pillows. The AC worked fine and the balcony was large. I did we housekeeping several times during our three day stay. Overall, I think we got what we paid for, but wouldn't spend more than $100 a night there.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Kelly C
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Hello, travelers !

This was my 1st time visiting Old Orchard Beach. I booked the room online . Requested 2 double bed with kitchen and balcony .When I checked in Management told me that room was newly renovated and had brand new carpet, bedding and flat screen TV. That was all true . Room was very big, A/C was working great. Furniture was a little outdated , but everything else was new . It was room # 21 .We had a maid service every day - gave us fresh towels, cleaned bathroom and vacuumed the room . Many of the housekeepers were foreign exchange students from all over the world . Very friendly and hardworking . Pool was extremely clean. Everybody very friendly . Downtown was fun place to be- a lot of good food, many shops, happy people all around. They have huge amusement park right in middle of town with many rides, games and arcade . Great place for kids fun .
Many restaurants have steamed lobster specials . We went to a place downtown and had 2 1LB lobsters for $19.95 .
We will try to come back next year for sure . Really loved MAine, Old Orchard Beach and the Grand Beach Inn.

Erick from Texas

Room Tip: Request newly renovated rooms with balconies !
2 Thank Erick S
Medford, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

DO NOT STAY AT THE GRAND BEACH INN!!! I booked two rooms in March of this year
To stay there on July 18, 19 and 20 of this year. I had originally booked with bookings.com and then when it was discovered that my husband couldn't get time off from work, I called the hotel directly and cancelled one room. I spoke with Sean who is the General Manager and he said I was all set and only had one room booked and he cancelled the other one. When checking in, I signed off on the balance of one room and got a receipt for the amount of one room. Then I got my credit card statement and the Grand Beach Inn had charged me almost $1000 for one room!! I called back on 7.29.2013 and spoke with Sean who said he did have a record of my calling and canceling one room but that I would have to take it up with bookings.com. I called them and they told me I had to take it up with Sean so I called Sean back and he absolutely refused to take the additional $400 off my charge stating that because I didn't call bookings.com to cancel that I was in the wrong and would not get my money back. I have already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and did call my credit card company who will be reversing the charges within three days. Btw we stayed in a room which had a leaky refrigerator and we had to clean up puddles of water every day....I will never stay here again....and another thing, when we arrived at the hotel, there were no vacancies so they apparently charged for the people who really stayed in that room AND charged me as well!!!

Wheeling, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at the Grand Beach Inn July 22 - 25 while visiting my grandson. I found the room to be spacious and clean. It was nice to have a small kitchenette stocked with all the necessities. The new carpet looked great. I would highly recommend this hotel to any one looking for a quiet place to vacation. Next time i go to visit my family i will be sure to make reservations here.

Indianapolis, Indiana, Usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

After 2 rooms with no air conditioning, and then a room that the floor had never been cleaned--I looked at the maid cart--it did not even have a mop on it!
THe only nice thing I have to say is that the pool was clean!

Room Tip: Dont stay
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy F
Sean C, General Manager at The Grand Beach Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hello, Thank you for the feedback. I have spoken with my Maintenance Department Manager and All of our Air Conditioners have been fixed. We do not use standard mops on our floors, we use the Swiffer system to ensure our floors are cleaned after every guest. Thank you for the remarks about our pool we keep it crystal clear for every guest. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me at any time (207)934-4621