“Returning for third visit”

The Grand Beach Inn
Ranked #40 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Belgrade, Maine
“Returning for third visit”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We (sisters and our kids) had such fun and great service last year, some of us are able to make it back this year. Use to stay on West Grand Ave for years, but love this part of the beach better too! Just booked thru Expedia, will let you know how this year goes!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Monmouth, Maine
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed for the long holiday weekend here, which you would think they would be extra ready for, and they totally were not! Asked for towels, got none....coffee and supplies in rooms never refilled, toilet broken, dirty, totally ignored guest requests. The only gem there is the 3 peaks cafe on site (which is NOT affilliated at all with hotel) which was amazing.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 991Tracy

Travelers are raving about these Old Orchard Beach hotels

Woodstock, Vermont
Reviewed May 1, 2012

When I arrived at the Inn the front desk staff person was pleasant and told me about the Inn and the beach across the street. The room I stayed in was clean and neat. The price was just right. I would come back and stay at the Grand Beach Inn.

Room Tip: I would come back to this hotel and the price is right.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marie J
monmouth ME
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I rented rm#25 for our 22nd Anniversary. At check in I asked for the directions to the room they were very vague and it took some walking around to figure it out! Our room smelled of cigaretts,and was very outdated . The carpet was filthy,only one garbage can which was in the bathroom,no plug for the tub, the TV was a small 19inch. The side of the bed was slanted and my husband kept falling out so he slept in the other bed. The pillow felt like someone threw cotton balls in it ! The heater filter was very dirty and smelled like it was burning also it was loud and kept coming on every 3 to 4 mins. . Couldn't seem to find a light switch to shut the outside light off so the light came thru the blinds all night! Also, the quality of the soap could use some improvement never heard of sweet bouquet! If I had paid more than $50.00 for the room I would have been very angry but you get what you pay for! Also, had a free breakfast but didn't want to chance it we left at 7 a.m and the office & cafe was closed!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tgregormonmouthme
James P, General Manager at The Grand Beach Inn, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
I am sorry to hear about your experience here at the Grand Beach Inn. At this time we are making every effort to update our guest rooms and have been working diligently to make sure this is done. Again I am sorry about your experience and would like the opportunity to make things right for you and your husband..

James Parris, GM
Farmingdale
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Check in was at noon but when we arrived at 3:30, our room was not ready. Three employees sat behind the desk throwing objects at each other.
There was dried puke on the carpet beside the night stand. Urine on the front of the toilet and on the floor. Too many stray hairs to count in the bathroom. Bathroom floor was sandy and obviously filthy. No ice available. there was a hole in the ceiling of our room that had what appeared to be mold growing out of it. Our room was supposed to have breakfast included at the cafe but it wasn't even open at 8:30 a.m. There was a sign on the door when we tried to check out that said CLOSED even though a young woman sat at the desk inside. She ignored our knock, got up and walked to a back room out of sight. Only reaosn we did stay in this dump was because we had an alcohol drink and couldn't drive. Nasty, nasty, Don't stay here.

Room Tip: Sleep on the beach. It's cleaner.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
James P, General Manager at The Grand Beach Inn, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
First I would like to Apologize for the lack of service you received. This is not how we treat our guest and rest assured I will take every step to make sure this doesn't happen in the future. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel and I will try my best to make things right.
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I've been coming to the Grand Beach Inn since I was in high school for our annual family reunion. I just booked my reservation with Dena for this year. I have been booking with her for the past 4 summers and she always makes sure we get the rooms that have been renovated. She is very knowledgeable of the property, I recommend booking with her so you know exactly what you're getting. We are very excited for this year and love the cafe and pool! The location is great and the sand by grand beach is the softest and cleanest. We will always come to the Grand Beach Inn to continue our family tradition.

• Stayed July 2011
South Portland, Maine
Reviewed March 14, 2012

As a local I always drove by the Grand Beach Inn on my way to the beach. It wasn't until recently that I noticed it. A lot seems to have changed. The newly painted pool, new roof and management seem to have made quite the difference. The summer staff is wonderfully diverse and friendly. I love that it is not in the middle of the downtown hustle and bustle, but if I want to people watch it's just a peaceful walk away down the beach.

Room Tip: They have many different room styles. If you have any questions give them a call and they'll de...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
James P, General Manager at The Grand Beach Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind review. Please visit us soon as we are constantly striving to get better. James Parris, General Manager.