“Good Ocean View Terrible Atmosphere”
Review of Old Colonial Motel

Old Colonial Motel
Ranked #21 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Norwood, MA
Reviewed August 28, 2004

Stayed here August 2004 There was inadequate parking my car was blocked in five times in four days. The hotel workers were very unpleasant. Paid $200 a night for a room with a sofa bed which had the springs popping out... my daughter slept with blankets on the floor. The room had no curtains. The bathroom was so small with only a shower stall could barely fit one person. There were people sitting outside the room at all hours of the night. The beach is beautiful I will definately come back but I won't stay here!!!

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Old Colonial Motel

Wappingers Falls, NY
Reviewed July 28, 2004

My Husband and I have been coming to The old colonial motel for 4 years. We keep coming back. We love the friendly people. We have never had a problem. We bring our small pug and we love that we can include her. Which many hotels do not allow dogs. This year we will be coming again.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 20, 2004

Over priced for sure....had to hang up blankets in the windows because shades were broken. Parking is a nightmare...hot tub is real "foamy"....they allow any size dog which was an issue ...Maids were very friendly.......front desk nice

6  Thank Corinne6
ct
Reviewed July 6, 2004

want to spend a unforgetable getaway on the white beaches of maine. well you have come to the right place, the Old Colonial Motel provided people of all ages with pleasure and peacefulness. Staying at this motel for over 10 years, i can personally say that the staff and owners, bob and col, are friendly and always willing to help. so if you want the best of the best, spend a week, maybe even two at the one and only Old Colonial Motel. thankyou Old Colonial Motel for being my home awayfrom home.

• Stayed: July 2004
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 9, 2004

I have been coming to Old Orchard Beach for 40 years now. We used to walk to the beach. When my husband and I went for the first time 12 years ago, we stayed at The Old Colonial and found it to be a very friendly place with a great staff of people working there, and we have been staying there ever since. Our 6 year old daughter comes with us and she loves being able to just walk out the door and onto the beach.
It may be a little expensive, but it's very much worth it!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
bucksport, me
Reviewed October 21, 2003

I stayed the weekend of June 14,15, 2003. The motel was overpriced for the season. I booked over the phone and asked for a nice room that was private. I had people on the deck by my room and sitting in front of my window. Will try another motel when I go to Old Orchard in June 2004.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 28, 2003

Typical older hotel on the ocean with few amenities. Most rooms are at a 90 degree angle to the ocean although they are labeled "oceanfront".
If you're just looking for an OK place to sleep at night this is the hotel for you.

4  Thank Michael L
Travelers also viewed these Old Orchard Beach hotels
Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn
Americas Best Value Mt. Royal In...
#34 of 44 in Old Orchard Beach
#22 of 44 in Old Orchard Beach
Echo Motel & Oceanfront Cottages
Echo Motel & Oceanfront Cottages
#2 of 44 in Old Orchard Beach

Been to Old Colonial Motel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Old Colonial Motel

Address: 61 W Grand Ave, Old Orchard Beach, ME 04064-2644
Location: United States > Maine > Old Orchard Beach
Beach Beverage Selection Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool
#11 On the Beach Hotel in Old Orchard Beach
Price Range: $96 - $162 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Old Colonial Motel 2.5*
30 Unit recently updated motel located directly on the beach with great ocean views. Within walking distance to the downtown area and arcade and amusement park. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Old Colonial Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Old Colonial Hotel Old Orchard Beach