“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Yellowfin's

Yellowfin's
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

we have offen been TO Yellowfin's. Restaurant over the Last few summers. Last saturday , however , we havé been Very désappointed on Two counts, not One. First, wen. our food was brought TO our table, neither the plates nor the food was hot. We had to insist , and the plates were finally taken back TO the kitchen, so that at least the vegetables would be Heated. Then, we were Asked , casually, if we wanted wasabi with our tuna. We answered yes, Never suspecting that we would be charged 2$ EACH for a smear of the mustard, as nowwhere on the menu, nor by the waitress was There a mention of it been charged separately. When we complained about this surcharge, it was erased from our bill, BUT our main course was charged 1$ more , than on the menu! For each of us! By then, we were so fed up, we just paid, tipped ,and left..... For good!

we Will not be back, that is for sure!

1 Thank katinka66

Toronto, Canada
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Charming little white-tablecloth restaurant on a little side street in the Ocean Park area of Old Orchard Beach. We were a group of six, and were seated promptly as per our reservation. Service was excellent. Every one of us enjoyed our food, which included stuffed halibut, broiled Haddock (that was mine), shrimp and prawn linguini and chicken parmesan. Presentation was lovely. A few of us had desserts e.g. key lime pie(excellent), blueberry pie (not so good), rhubard pie (dynamite). And finished off with very good coffee. NOTE. This is a bring your own wine restaurant. I knew this when I made the reservation, but promptly forgot by the time we arrived. Fortunately there is a convenience store about 5 blocks away, so while my party got settled, I zipped over and picked up several bottles of wine. The bonus is the total on the final bill. When we don't have to pay restaurant prices for wine, the cost of eating out is practically cut in half. (and they do not charge a corkage fee).

Wonderful experience all round. Recommend to anyone looking for casual and classy.

Chartley, Massachusetts
“O BOY, BYOB - Bring Your Wine, Eat Their Seafood.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Casually refined. Reasonably priced. Limited seating.

A great way to enjoy very fresh seafood with very good wine (your own).

It fills up fast, make a reservation or get there early.

It is a pleasantl experience in the unique community of Ocean Park, Maine.

Old Orchard Beach, Maine
“Go to enjoy the experience not for a quick meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and I love Yellowfin's. It's our occasion restaurant- we go for birthdays, Valentine's Day, anniversaries, or when we want to go out and experience a well put together dining experience that doesn't involved feeling rushed. In fact, we even had our rehearsal dinner there. David and his staff put together a meal that was better than the wedding night meal!

Yellowfin's is not a "turn and burn" place. They are not trying to get you in and out the door so they can seat more people. The dining experience here is deliberate and it's meant to be that way. We go with 2 bottles of wine- a red and a white or a bottle of champagne and another bottle of red or white. Occasionally, I bring beer. Really, I just like the flexibility of matching what I bring with what I might order.

We don't usually get an appetizer. It's unnecessary unless you have a really big appetite. Sometimes, we'll get the shrimp cocktail, the mussels or the crab cakes. All are very good. The bread and Kate's butter is an excellent start to the meal along with the beverages you bring. The house salad is awesome! It's just enough food and usually timed very well.

I've eaten just about every entree on the menu. I've never had anything that resembles a bad meal. In the 5+ years I've been going, I think one of my swordfish steaks was a little overcooked. But, EVERYTHING else has been great! If I want to eat lighter, I go with the fish. Often, I'll get the special, but I've had all the haddock dishes and the ahi tuna. My favorite dish is probably the seafood fra d'avolo- don't wear white if you get it, but it's super good! The chicken parm, the shrimp scampi and the surf and turf are other favorites.

Go here to relax, to enjoy the beverages of your choice since you brought them and to have a delicious meal that is prepared individually for you. Say hi to David (owner/chef) and don't forget to save room for dessert! The chocolate brownie sundae is a must! I never get dessert out, but we ALWAYS get it here!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Mcburke
Ottawa, Canada
“Nice atmosphere but food just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We tried this place based on TA reviews and liking the idea of bringing our own bottle of wine. The atmosphere was cheerful with several big groups celebrating birthdays.
Dinner came with a salad that was hidden under way too much dressing....don't know what kind it was as no choice was offered, it was pink and so sweet..I could not eat it. My husband had the stuffed lobster, the crustacean was good but don't bother with the stuffing, not worth it. I decided to try the tuna as I assumed it was their specialty based on the restaurant name. The tuna was cooked appropriately rare but the pieces were just big chucks sitting beside bigger slices of carrots...it did not work for me, it was bland and boring. Not my best meal in Maine and would not return.

• Visited July 2013