“Won't be back too soon”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Yellowfin's

Yellowfin's
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Maine
“Won't be back too soon”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have been to Yellowfins about 4 or 5 times, usually with a group. It's a great place to go with a group of people because you can bring your own wine and it keeps the bill down. I've never been a fan of the food because I just don't think it's anything special. The crab cakes were mostly bread and my broiled haddock was overdone making it almost tough. There is nothing worse than overcooked fish. HOWEVER, my biggest disappointment came at the end of the evening. There were 5 couples at our table and the waitress was kind enough to give us separate bills. However, 4 of the 5 couples didn't notice that she added in the gratuity and added another 20% onto the already 18% that the waitress added. The waitress NEVER said anything, even after we sat for a bit after the bills were paid. I'm not upset that she added in the gratuity, but I think it's extremely disingenuous that she didn't say something after we paid, asking if we realized the tip had already been added. We paid in cash, so I know that she knew she got way too much tip. I also heard her say she's been there for many years, so I'm sure this wasn't a rookie mistake. I doubt we'll be back there.

1 Thank elainestress

Montreal, Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We visit Yellowfin's in Ocean Park every summer. BYOB is great, decor is lovely, food is delicious. Tuna is spectacular (should provide the teriyaki sauce from the appetizer with the main course as well), service was friendly and attentive. Accoustics are challenged (very noisy). Will definitely be back next year!

Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Enjoyable and Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Located in a section of Old Orchard Beach known as Ocean Park. This restaurant is ideal for couples, groups, and families alike. Staff is friendly and efficient. We were a party of 6 and all had different meals ranging from surf and turf to rack of lamb. All were pleased with the meals. Note that Ocean Park is 'dry' but if you bring a bottle of wine, the staff will open it and provide a chiller. Helpst to keep the price down as the average price of the meals might be consdered a bit high. We thoroughly enjoyed this experience.

North Reading, Massachusetts
“Excellent relaxed dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Nice upscale restaurant in Ocean Park. Great early bird deal for families as kids eat free if you order before 600pm on Monday thru Thursday. Welcome change from the greasy fat food in Old Orchard Beach. Recommend the almond encrusted haddock and the Chicken Marsala. The desert trio (key lime, peanut butter cup cake, cheesecake) is a must to cap off your meal. Also restaurant is byo wine, beer and staff is ready with wine glasses and beer mugs. Strongly recommend.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A nice little restaurant in a quiet area of Old Orchard Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

We have been to Yellow Fin twice now, and have enjoyed it both times. In a town somewhat known for being busy and noisy, Yellow Fin is in a quiet section and away from any hubbub. Two of our party had fish, which both really enjoyed, and although it is primarily a seafood place, I had a rack of lamb that was a special that evening. The lamb was done perfectly, and was an excellent meal.

• Visited June 2012