“Watch out for the lobster - DOA”
Review of Surf 6

Surf 6
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Portland, Maine
“Watch out for the lobster - DOA”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I should have known from the get-go - the lobster arrived less than 10 minutes after we put in our order. I don't know if it was dead before it hit the water, but it definitely sat out under a heat lamp for too long. The meat flaked, stuck to the shell, and tasted bitter. And why, when lobster is retailing for under $4/pound should a 1 1/4 lb cost $25??? But the server was very gracious about taking it back and replacing it with a caesar chicken salad. Great setting along the beach, fun atmosphere, but this DOA lobster left a bitter taste in my mouth. We won't be back.

1 Thank 46Elizabeth53

• Turkish first
“Save your money.”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our waitress was great but probably the worst food we had the whole trip. Everything tasted like someone else's leftovers, our lobster was not edible. Scallops were bland and extremely expensive for what they were.

1 Thank Mehceb
manchester nh
“A GREAT Place to eat”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My best tip is to go early and avoid the lines. My favorite spot is on the outdoor patio overlooking the beach. Yesterday i was dissappointed that it was still wet, I asked to sit their and the hostess said no it was not dried yet. I was willing to wait but the girls that were supposed to be cleaning the water off the tables were too busy splashing each other so we had to sit inside. It is nice but not as nice as being on the outside. Once the food came my dissappointment had lowered as the food is great.

1 Thank sctredsoxone
Foxboro
“Dont get the cesar salad”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My finance and I went to surf 6 while on our vacation in old orchard beach, it was a dissapointment. The view was really nice, the food no so much. I dont like sea food so I ordered the cesar salad, figured you cant go wrong with that, I was wrong. The salad had a smell to it, it smelt bad. The lettuce wasnt washed, I could tell because I make my own salads at home and I know what unwashed lettuce tastes like, the cheese didnt have a taste, the croutons were not meant for a cesar salad they didnt blend with it and the chicken was not made right then it was pre-cooked and mooshy. I would never get this again, and I would never go here again. Oh yea, and it was exspensive, $14.00 for that awful salad, I get 100 % better salads at my local pizza shop for half the price.

1 Thank LinMar62
Sainte-Marthe, Canada
“Small portions and expensive but nice view”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I had the pasta and my boyfriend had the lobster roll. The portion for the pasta was okay, but it was not very tasty. My boyfriend's lobster roll was just the size of a small hot dog and he had about 10 fries in the plate...very small portion for $14. The waitress was very nice...so service was good at least.

Visited August 2012