“PIER”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“PIER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Love the Pier on July 4th holiday they do awesome firworks display we go every year and the kids love it; they would rather go to Maine to watch the fireworks than stay in Vt.

• Turkish first
Agawam, Massachusetts
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“Sad to see”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Have been coming to OOB since I was a small child. In the last 50 years I have seen this Pier deteriorate to a junky dirty place. I love the 60’s carnival style of the center but it is sad to see the pier to be so junky and not worth walking on.

Quincy, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Maybe for the younger crowd?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went to the Pier restaurant last night for an early dinner (Sunday night)..it was not crowded which we felt lucky but then thought that maybe people come later for the music I don't know..we sat down in the cracked and broken chairs and ordered a couple of beers which were just plunked down in front of us and were given menus. One of the things I was dying for here was some steamers so I ordered some...the waitress let my know that they "just" ran out of them...okay so I settled for lobster stew...it was orange cream with a tiny piece of lobster thrown in. My husband got chowder and said it was just okay which surprised us for Maine. Well we both ordered whole belly clams which were horrible at market price so overcooked they really crunched and all you could taste was the fryolator grease I had a couple and that was it..same for my husband...on the other hand their potato salad was good and the beer was cold. So disappointed as were dying for some good Maine food...save your money. Oh it cost us 85.00 for two beers horrible appetizers and horrible dinners..
When we were leaving a lot of younger people were coming in I am guessing for drinks so maybe that is what it is all about.

Ottawa, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Too many shops”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

It's fun to go on the pier and see the ocean but now it is very commercialized. We did not like the bar at the end of the Pier. Not for family.

Visited June 2013
Montreal, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Why?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Supposedly a historical landmark... Why isn't it taken care off? Decrepit, cheezy, awful businesses... It only looks good as a (faraway) background on your landscape pictures of the beach.

2 Thank D_et_S_en_voyage