“Not what it used to be”

Old Orchard Beach Pier
Reviewed July 29, 2011

You used to be able to walk out on the pier and feel like you were part of the ocean. Now everything has changed (first time there in about 15 yrs). The pier is enclosed by small overpriced eateries with a small view of OOB. Don't plan on making a splash with the pier as your setting yourself up for disappoint.

There are newer reviews for Old Orchard Beach Pier

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Fake, touristy, expensive, crowded, noisy and nothing of any substance. Parking meters are 25 cents for 7 minutes!!!! This place is a rip off and in my opinion pretty seedy. You have to really love buying touristy stuff to go here. Avoid.

1  Thank HollywoodDuo
Reviewed June 30, 2011

A walk on the pier has to be part of anyone's Old Orchard Beach experience (once you find parking). However, we made the mistake one late afternoon of having food and drinks at the restaurant/bar/lounge at the end of the pier. I realize the place was more suited to live bands and parties, but they did advertise and offer a full lounge menu. The result was a $46 bill for two tasteless Philly steak and fried shrimp platters (midway food), two margaritas (served in very small plastic cups) and a beer. Ambience? Forget it! Small kids were running around. and a toddler hollered throughout. Our waitress was less than interested and disappeared when we wanted to pay the bill. I'm sure the late night party crowd in season appreciates this joint more than we did.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

This may be the wrong place for this but I have a question: Is this a restaurant? I'm a first-timer and I'm coming to OOB for some shellfish. I like french fries and will try these but I'm confused that the top rated restaurant on this site is a Boardwalk French Fries Joint!

I wrote this comment last year. I'm sharing it with you because it possesses "pith" if not "moment." We went to OOB and the one glaring shortcoming is the lack of a good restaurant...ergo...this greasy french fries joint IS the best "restaurant" in town (if you ask me!)_

1  Thank OBE94347
Reviewed June 13, 2011

It is fun to walk out on a pier to view the ocean, however the crowd here makes it difficult. At the end of the pier is a bar. This place maybe great for 20 year olds, but not for families. There are a small shops on each side of the pier for food or souveiners. It is difficult to walk with a stroller after 4 pm.