All reviewsrite aidnice roomfree wifiminute walktelevisionoceanpiermicrowave
Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

We booked a two night stay on booking.com which was entirely misleading bases on photos vs. actual cottage. My 6 year old son was hysterically crying when we entered the cottage due to complete filth and smell. The smell was overbearing non smoking yeah right smoke covered with airfreshener causing headache and lack of breathing within minutes. Dirty beds bund beds no ladder completely unsafe. We checked in and immediately out yet they would not refund us. I WOULD NEVER GO BACK OR RECOMMEND THIS PLACE COMPLETE FILTH!!!!!

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank beckybouley
Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

I've been going to oob for a few years and always stay at the landings. It's my home away from home! The property is clean and cozy, and the staff are so friendly and accommodating. Thank you all for a wonderful summer!!! See you next year!!! Joanne

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2016

We were in the double room family cottage and it is very dirty and out dated. floors coming apart, plastic sheet on bed, dirty linens, dirty walls, mold in bathroom, torn shower curtain. Cramped kitchenette. No maid service. Pool was green. 12" TV from 1990. Power strip cords to plug the TV and lamp into. No curtains on the windows. The lady that checked us in was really nice!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere or ask to see pics of the room ahead of time. I felt we were mislead on what we were to expect.
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Wanda O
Reviewed August 15, 2016

Where do I begin.I vacation at least 4 times a year and have next complained about a hotel stay before.I was charged the full amount for my stay one week prior to my vacation,there for maxing out my c.c.When I called the hotel owner he said it is their policy to charge before your visit.Then when I arrived I was told I had to pay a pet fee of $80.00 cash that I was also not told about on the phone when I booked.The floor in our room was very dirty.My boyfriend's feet were black from walking around the room barefoot.The closet was removed in order to put a kitchenette.No bureau to put our clothes,so we had to keep our clothes in our suitcase.No hooks of any kind in the bathroom to put wet towels.And lets not forget lawn furniture in the room with the tiny television sitting on the table leaving no room to put anything on it.My boyfriend had to use the kitchenette cabinets to put his clothes and shoes in.We spent 2 days at the dirty pool,no one ever came to clean it so we cleaned it ourselves.There is a lot of (junk) clutter on the property.Old broken furniture,mismatched furniture.Oh and you have to put out your own trash or there will be a charge.Then upon coming home and checking my e-mail receipt,they charged me the $80.00 pet fee that I had payed cash for.Going back to OOB next year ,but we won't be staying here ever!!

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Ed J, Manager at The Landings at Old Orchard Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2016

No one complained while they were here. We always take great pride in cleaning our rooms and would have sent the cleaners over to redo the floors or anything else that needed additional cleaning. We have had over 400 visitors that month and everyone wsa happy and satisfied, We will always do our best to satisfy all of our customers.

Reviewed July 19, 2016

Please be careful -if you do book and stay there- check your bank statement for multiple transactions for the same single booking- the worst part is that you have to chase the management down to get your money back- and trust me- IT WAS A PAINFUL PROCESS!

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Irene F
Ed J, Owner at The Landings at Old Orchard Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2016

Our merchant account accidently ran a batch through twice. All money has been refunded to everyone that was charged twice. We never keep anyone's money that was overcharged. We are at the mercy of the banks timing (ie; no weekend hours) and refund as soon as any overpayment is verified.