“If you're not afraid of ...”

The Copley LaReine Motel
Ranked #29 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Québec
“If you're not afraid of ...”
Reviewed September 2, 2009

The view on the ocean and the location of this motel are only assets. Aside the rudeness of the ownership, the cleanliness of the room was awful, we were scared to walk barefoot in the room, scared to use the kitchennette, found out one night, that I thought I paid for me and my spouse, didn't know the roaches came with the room ! That's probably why the parking was empty !!! Most awful room, we've ever rent !!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Don0000
Copley_LaReine, Guest Relations Manager at The Copley LaReine Motel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
All rooms at the Copley LaReine Motel are cleaned, as well as inspected daily. We ask that all our guests inform the front office regarding any problems with cleanliness, as we take this issue very seriously. We will always work with any guest in order to make sure their stay in nothing less then perfect.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Belmont, NH
Reviewed September 1, 2009

We have been going to the Copley at OOB for 4 yrs now. We have teenagers and a 3 yr old grand daughter. The owner has always been very sociable and courtious, the rooms have always been clean and the location is fantastic!!! The parking can be a little difficult as we have a Dodge Caravan, but we have always managed without any issues. It can be crowded, but it is everywhere at the ocean!! . Our daughter came up one year the night after we arrived and she did have to park across the street, but the owners made us aware before she arrived so we were prepared. She paid $30.00 for the day/over night parking. We will continue to go back to this hotel every summer!! It has become our vacation spot and we LOVE it!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
NH
Reviewed August 7, 2009

This was the second worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Loud neighbors,tight parking, and cheap and tacky rooms which really could have been easily updated, like replace the rusty soap dish and if you are going to advertise coffee maker in room at least have one. Just a lousy and overpriced experience, would definatly walk the extra bit and stay at the Skylark instead next time

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank fortheloveofMaine

Travelers are raving about these Old Orchard Beach hotels

SW NH
Reviewed July 28, 2009

First impressions of the place were nice, Right on the beach, Very close to all the shops and food. Pizza joint right down the road was a nice close feature. There was 4 of us on the trip, my girlfriend and i her sister and her bf. We drove 2 separate cars because we left from different locations. We get there and are told that we would be guaranteed a second parking spot for our stay. But they weren't two but they weren't too busy that day so it would be fine. Second night and it was much busier, got a phone call during the day that our second car needed to moved and they wouldn't be able to park on premises for the day/night. They guy told us that there was a place we could park over night for 12, get there and it was 25. Sweet so now we have to walk about a mile just to get out car. PARKING AT THIS PLACE IS A COMPLETE NIGHTMARE BE AWARE!!! The rooms weren't bad, a/c, Keurig, cable,wifi,mini fridge,microwave. Carpet in the rooms is awful, comforters were ugly as sin. Towels were tiny, only gave us 1 chair with the table. Overall i would really not recommend this place for a family or older folks.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank d15bfi
Burlington, VT
Reviewed July 21, 2009

We arrived in Old Orchard Beach at 7:30 PM on a Saturday, looking for a last minute room, hoping to find a room that was on the ocean, but we were told by the office clerk none available, which is understandable, but considering the closeness of the ocean, we chose to stay there.

After negotiating a very narrow parking space in an almost full lot with sharp corners & metal poles with our vehicle, we found a room for $140 on the 1st floor for 2 persons for 1 night. The parking space was included in the price of the room, and the clerk strongly suggested we place the hotel tag on our vehicle to avoid being towed, as it appears they sometimes had a problem.

After being on the road for a few hours, we were glad to get out & check the room, before seeing the sights, however we were a surprised by the condition of the room. Upon entering, we noticed a sizeable stain directly in front of the door in the bathroom - about 5" in diameter, a result of a burn to the linoleum.
When entering the bathroom, we noticed hair on the towels (which were on the small side, and very thin & scratchy) & more stains on the toilet seat.
Also, when putting away our belongings, we noticed a pile of dirt & trash on the floor right beside the fridge.

One nice feature of the rooms for those that use the Keurig coffee makers: the rooms are equipped with a maker, so simply bring your fave coffee & a cup.
The room also included a mini dorm fridge, but the freezer didn't seem to work, so our ice packs were of no use to us the next day.

As mentioned in the title, the location of the hotel is great, right on Old Orchard Beach (End of Harrisburg Street off of E Grand Ave), and walking distance to the Palace Playground & The Pier.

Images of the hotel can be seen by searching for 32 Harrisburg Street, 04064 on Google maps, & selecting street view.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Upstate NY
Reviewed August 25, 2008

I was a little skeptical when reading the other reviews of this hotel, but booked it anyway. I am not sure where these other people stayed but I thought The Copley Lareine was great. You couldnt ask for a better location, we watched the firewroks and the sun rise right from the balcony. Rooms were clean, and was what I expected from the photos on the website. Nothing fancy but a nice place! The staff was super friendly. Within walking distance from everything and the perfect distance from The Pier. Location,Location. Location!!! I will definetly go back!!

• Liked — Location!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 22, 2008

I recently returned from one of the best vacations I have been on in a great while. When I read the other reviews on this website, I was a little skeptical of vacationing at this motel, but after seeing all this motel has to offer in person, I was convinced that this was the place that I would take my family to on my next vacation. When I arrived for my four night stay, my wife was very happy with the view and I must say that the nice gentlemen in the office was extremely helpful about what spot in the motel's parking lot would best suit my car. When I walked into room 9 on the second floor of the motel's ocean front, the first thing I noticed was the brand new carpets and freshly painted walls. My wife was particularly fond of the spotless bathroom, and one thing that we all were not expecting was to fall asleep to the sound of crashing waves, which I found to be a very pleasant experience. The next afternoon the owner was extremely helpful about directing us to the nicest restaurants Old Orchard Beach has to offer. In addition, my kids enjoyed the arcade, the food, and the amusement park, while my wife and I enjoyed the bar at the end of the pier, which was only a 2-3 minute walk from our room. Later in our vacation, my kids enjoyed the fireworks show, which happens every Thursday night, from the deck of our motel room. My wife and I found our stay to be very a relaxing break from our otherwise busy work and family lives. My family will stay here again next year and I would recommend this motel to families and people from all walks of life who are looking to relax at a quiet motel, while overlooking the the beautiful Old Orchard Beach.

• Liked — The View, Price, and Service
  • Disliked — The Beach Was Too Crowded
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family