“Amazing BARGAIN for this fabulous hotel!!!!!!”
Review of The Beach House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Orchard Beach
The Beach House
Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Let me start by saying that I had never stayed in OOB, so I was totally unsure of what I was getting. I am in my late 20's and was coming with a male friend to get away for some relaxation and fun. I came on Tripadvisor.com and got the name of a few of the top 10, The Beach House Included. I called the first 4 and they were all WAY overpriced. When I called The Beach House, I spoke to the gentleman manager (can't remember his name) and he told me exactly what to expect. This is basically a huge house, broken up into studios/apartments....right on the beach.... and EXTREMELY clean. I booked pretty last minute so the studio that I ended up with didn't face the beach, but was literally a 50 ft walk to the back of the house facing the beach. They also had patio tables set up facing the beach where you could sit, play games, drink or whatever else you'd like. The best part was that it was only $107/night during peak season. It was pretty tiny, but had all of the essentials, and I knew what I was getting ahead of time....and I was more than happy once I got there that there were no surprisedsThe husband and wife managers were FABULOUS!!!! I'd say the place is about a half mile from the pier and all of the action. There are 2 convenience stores within a 2 minute walk that sell pizza/beer/wine/ice and just about everything else you might need last minute. My friends and I are planning a girls' weekend and we will definitely be coming to visit The Beach House!!!!!!! You won't be disappointed!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Dreamer5696
There are newer reviews for The Beach House

Reviewed July 25, 2010

My wife and I have been on many vacation's. The beach house ranks number 1 in our book. Jim and his wife are accomidating in anyway possable. Jim recommended a good place to eat in the area, which he was right on. Also he recomended to check out the lighthouses. He was right on again. It helps if you grab a map to help you navigate your way. The photo opportunities are some of the best in maine. We did the cliff walk at fort williams, wow beautiful. Anyway, the beach house is clean, comfortable and relaxing. Everything old orchard has to offer is within walking distance. But far enough away to enjoy a quite vacation. Only nine guest rooms available gives this place the charm we were looking for.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vacaplaya
Reviewed July 16, 2010

After a horrific stay at the "Beach Villa Motel", we checked out and went looking for better accommodations, and really lucked out when the Beach House had a room available for the nights we needed.

Our room on the 2nd floor was great. The private deck had such a great view. Everything was very clean. The room was very quiet, and I could only hear the sound of the waves late at night. The couple running the place could not have been any nicer. I even loved the fact that they had Wi-fi available.

My only minor complaint was the lack of housekeeping. You exchanged towels and dumped your trash yourself. I was okay with that, but I just wish I had someone who'd come in daily to mop the sand off the floor, which always happens after a day at the beach. All that being said, I still give the place 5 stars because we loved it so much.

Proof of an excellent vacation is when a 4-year-old starts crying when it's time to go home at the end of the week.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank ACandDC
Reviewed May 16, 2010

I must say that "The Beach House" is the most beautiful place to stay in Old Orchard, Maine. Is is clean and newly renovated and the price is right for the location. The views are amazing and the owners and manager could not be nicer. It is a short distance from the pier and all the activity, but if you want quiet this is the place to stay. I would highly recommend. I wish I had remembered my camera to get photos. The pictures on the site do not even come close to how beautiful this place is.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank AMBussolini
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Myself, husband and 2 year old stayed here and it was absolutely wonderful. The room was pristine, the view (second floor) was to die for and the couple running the place were fantastic. They even accomdated us so we could stay another night because it rained the first 2 days of our 4 night stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank curtismama1
Reviewed January 14, 2009

i had recently suffered a stroke,and my 10 yr old thought it would be fun to spend a few days at the beach. we called for info and were told they really were not open.but after awhile don,the manager told us to come on down. we were treated to great hospitality and service.don was kind enough to give us alift to local eateries.donot find that kind service at many places.was a wonderful time and plan on doing it again soon aplus

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed August 28, 2008

Satyed at The Beach House the week of August 18th. Never fear, Don is still there; so all is well. The place is great. Enough said.

P.S. Be advised that the train runs through the center of twon and you're probably going to hear it at any hotel that you stay at near the beach.

• Stayed: August 2008