“Heaven on Earth!”
Review of The Beach House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Orchard Beach
The Beach House
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Toronto, Canada
“Heaven on Earth!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I and 11 year old son just returned from a glorious week at the Beach House.
Upon our arrival, Anne Marie and Mark made us feel right at home. We spent our days swimming in the surf and walking the beautiful beach. The room was spotless and comfortable. Ocean view was amazing. We have been to a lot of beautiful resorts but this topped them all. We are counting the days until next summer when we return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank lifesabeach1961

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Worcester, MA
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I just called to check availability and rates for this hotel in late August. The woman who answered the phone acted irritated that I dare ask. She was completely unhelpful and downright rude. I am glad there is no availability and I won't dare try to stay another time.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
16 Thank Honeymooners92
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Beach House is pure delight. Clean, comfortable, hospitable, and ideally located. Fall out the door and you are on the beach. Walking distance from the main drag but far enough away to be serene and quiet. The lobby is beautiful and its ocean view is spectacular.

The Beach House managers welcome singles, couples, families with the same enthusiasm and warmth. Mark and Anne Marie welcomed me as if I were a guest in their own home. They are a presence that really adds the perfect finishing touch to this very lovely place. I can't overstate my enthusiasm. I'll be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Joy0405
Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed here for two nights during a trip along Maine's coast. It took me forever to decide on a place to stay in OOB and I am so happy I made the right choice! I was looking for a place on the beach to stay for myself, my husband, and teenage son. We stayed in room 9 and it was perfect for us. Such a beautiful view to wake up to every morning. Seriously, the pictures to not do this place justice. It is way more beautiful in person. Everything was decorated beautifully and super clean. I only wish I had more days to stay here.

Room Tip: If you have any concerns just call. They are very helpful at picking the right room for you.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank nathart76
Brockton, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I am writing this as I sit in a comfortable chair in the Beach House lobby. I am surrounded by all things beachy ...shells...books..sea glass..a large picture window looking out at the long clean beach with waves crashing. We have been here but three nights and it's already feeling like a home away from home. Even though the weather wasn't the best (rain for two of the three days we stayed) we still enjoyed our stay. Our room (#8) was perfect. It was fresh and new and clean as could be. The private deck was wonderful. Having coffee from the provided coffee maker and take-out breakfast from the little beach hut next door on the deck overlooking the beach was a great way to start the day. I'm sure you have read from many other reviews about the great hospitality provided by the wonderful couple that run the Beach House. The other reviewers did not exaggerate. These people could not have been nicer. We took the train (the Downeaster) from Boston. If you don't mind a little walking (20 min to downtown) you can get by without a car. We are planning to come again next Summer. I think we will drive up because there is so much to see and do.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Dicky-Do-007
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed here from 5-31 to 6-7 when I was going through Maine. I love the town and love the fact that this place keeps it simple and comfortable. Didn't really care about it not being in the center of town which was nice cause it was quiet and that's what you want after a long day.

Had a nice quiet room on the second floor that wasn't facing the street so it was quieter than I expected. I loved the beds they definitely weren't like normal hotel beds and you could actually relax as you slept.

Will be back!

Room Tip: Get a room not facing the street
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Daniel P
Southington, Connecticut
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Anne Marie and Mark - you are amazing! The Beach House is a treasure and with your expert management, knowledge, warmth and gracious hospitality, you have made this a jewel on Old Orchard Beach- far enough from the crowds and noise, yet close enough to walk out your door onto the beach! The rooms are clean and well kept, guests are friendly - a special feeling in a special place. You won't be disappointed - but you'd better book early. This is a place people come back to over and over and rooms get reserved very quickly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends