“Superb Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Beach House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Orchard Beach
The Beach House
Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Marlborough, Massachusetts
“Superb Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

My family needed a quick, quiet getaway to watch and listen to the ocean. We had never been to OOB and didn't know what to expect. The Beach House is a small, quaint, hotel with the cleanest rooms we've ever stayed in. Immaculate and perfectly decorated. Simple, clean, and all the necessities you might need. The owner, a retired gentleman, was very helpful. The location is perfect, about 60-70 feet from the waves. The night sky was beautiful from the covered balcony. A truly pleasurable stay. The only issue, and it's really not an issue, is that the bed is rather small for two people. However, it was comfortable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank NESL97

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
N.Springfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

After having such a bad experience with the Ocean Walk; we were delighted to see that OOB Hotels can still deliver! The Beach House is a wonderful and charmig place to stay, with keeping the budget in line. The rooms are very, very clean and up to date with an excellant view of the beach and ocean! Very quiet and restful and close enough to the downtown, but far enough away from the noise and crowds. "You can have your cake and eat it too"! I am amazed at how the owners can offer such great prices and still maintain the facilities. Great People and very respectful of what their clients wants and needs. The best part..."No Pot Smoke" unlike their competitors up the road!

Room Tip: Ask and you shal receive!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KTallman
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

Right on the beach, large comfortable, clean rooms, owners live on site and are good people. Open the windows and fall asleep to the sound of the waves! Close to all the area has to offer. We'd stay here again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank 1NuttyNut
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2010

My wife, her sister and cousins, and I stayed at the wonderful Beach House in October 2010. Clean and comfortable with all the amenities you would want form a quiet beach front hotel. The owners, Evelyn and Tony were wonderful hosts who will go out of their way to make your stay memorable.

We loved the sound of the ocean, walking the beach at sunrise, and enjoying a cup of coffee on our deck facing the water. It all added up to an unforgetable vacation. The Beach House is close to trails, lighthouses, rocky shoreline, shopping, fishing, and all the site seeing you could imagine.

We drove a couple of hours drive to the White Mountains National Park in New Hampshire for a great day trip. We also rode the island ferry out of Portland for an ejoyable and relaxing 3 hours cruise.

We will definetly go back!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Travelfun1536
Brunswick, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2010

Hard to beat right on the ocean at a reasonable cost . Room at all of the amenities and Maddie and Jim make you feel like you own the place. Could not have been a more enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank tander
Lynn, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

Let me start by saying that I had never stayed in OOB, so I was totally unsure of what I was getting. I am in my late 20's and was coming with a male friend to get away for some relaxation and fun. I came on Tripadvisor.com and got the name of a few of the top 10, The Beach House Included. I called the first 4 and they were all WAY overpriced. When I called The Beach House, I spoke to the gentleman manager (can't remember his name) and he told me exactly what to expect. This is basically a huge house, broken up into studios/apartments....right on the beach.... and EXTREMELY clean. I booked pretty last minute so the studio that I ended up with didn't face the beach, but was literally a 50 ft walk to the back of the house facing the beach. They also had patio tables set up facing the beach where you could sit, play games, drink or whatever else you'd like. The best part was that it was only $107/night during peak season. It was pretty tiny, but had all of the essentials, and I knew what I was getting ahead of time....and I was more than happy once I got there that there were no surprisedsThe husband and wife managers were FABULOUS!!!! I'd say the place is about a half mile from the pier and all of the action. There are 2 convenience stores within a 2 minute walk that sell pizza/beer/wine/ice and just about everything else you might need last minute. My friends and I are planning a girls' weekend and we will definitely be coming to visit The Beach House!!!!!!! You won't be disappointed!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dreamer5696
connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

My wife and I have been on many vacation's. The beach house ranks number 1 in our book. Jim and his wife are accomidating in anyway possable. Jim recommended a good place to eat in the area, which he was right on. Also he recomended to check out the lighthouses. He was right on again. It helps if you grab a map to help you navigate your way. The photo opportunities are some of the best in maine. We did the cliff walk at fort williams, wow beautiful. Anyway, the beach house is clean, comfortable and relaxing. Everything old orchard has to offer is within walking distance. But far enough away to enjoy a quite vacation. Only nine guest rooms available gives this place the charm we were looking for.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple