“Cozy.”

Old Orchard Beach Inn
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were only here for one night, but it was such a sweet place. The customer service was just fantastic and we genuinely felt like we were staying with family. The rooms are decorated like someone's grandmother's house, and there is so much history there, but updated enough to make it comfortable. Breakfast was my favorite part - there were even fresh-baked scones! There is a big porch out front with rocking chairs where you can eat breakfast. Old Orchard Beach is a bit cheesy (although we knew this and thats kind of why we went), but the Inn is a nice respite from that craziness, while still being within walking distance of the action.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for only one night on our way up to Bar Harbor from Connecticut. We wished we could stay longer! It was in a great location, and the whole hotel was very well kept and beautiful. It was like taking a step back in time. The Beach, boardwalk, and shops and restaurants are just a few steps down the road. I loved the feeling of being in an old colonial house. The breakfast in the morning was continental, fresh, homemade, and delicious. We loved sitting out on the front porch enjoying the views of the town and the food. There were couples out at those tables in the evenings enjoying the night air and a bottle of wine too. So romantic and fun!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Firefly14
Reviewed June 30, 2012

great location. beautiful inn. well kept. very clean and newly painted. room very spacious. had room `11 and although beds could have been more comfortable the inn was quiet so we slept well. walking dsitance to all activities. unfortunate we couldnt check in early. couldnt even use a washroom !! in any case they have a beautiful veranda and having breakfast out there was great.
a little steap price wise but was worth it.

Room Tip: reserve way ahead of time
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My sister and I stayed at the Inn for four days and loved it. The old Inn is rich with history. Wonderful continental breakfast each morning; homemade breakfast breads and fresh fruit, yougart, cereals. The Innkeepers were very friendly and helpful to recommend what to see; Portland, Marginal Way and Perkins Cove in Ogunquit and Mike's Clam Shack in Wells. It was a great stay and would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We overnighted here on our whirlwind tour of New England. Entering the side door to reception, we were greeted by the smell of cinnamon cookies and fresh coffee. We were registered then given a brief history of the Inn before being shown to our room. We dined at the Landmark, East Grand Avenue (see restaurant review) then retired for the evening to a very comfortable room. Breakfast was simple but most enjoyable. All-in-all, a very friendly and enjoyable stay. We would't hesitate to recommend it to anyone and, if we return for a longer New England tour, we will definitely try to book again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I was visiting a friend in the area and chanced upon the Old Orchard Beach Inn via TripAdvisor. The inn had a lot of charm, but enough of the modern niceties. I was there during a period of high heat (100 degrees), but was cool and comfortable in my room. The breakfast was a definite highlight, and I also enjoyed the chance to relax with a book on the balcony. The atmosphere couldn't be more different than the carnival down the street -- definitely a wonderful change of pace. The innkeeper was very friendly and my stay was a highlight of a trip through New England.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank RaceTraveler12
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I stayed here over the Hurricane Irene weekend, unfortunately. We had one good day to wander around & it was more than enough. I was ready to leave at the end of it but would've lost my money for the room, so we stayed. I had been through the area for lunch & a browse once before, years ago, on our way through Maine. It reminds me a great deal of a very small slice of the New Jersey Shore. Cheesy t-shirt shops, amusement park rides, fried dough, arcades, ski-ball & tattoo shops. (I must admit I did actually get a tattoo while there ; ) I had enough of that type of entertainment while I was in high school, thank you very much. I would NOT recommend any of the hotels/motels in the area after seeing how all of them are perched on top of the train tracks that run through town & hearing from numerous people how run down & out of date almost all of them are. This place was definitely the only way to go. The Old Orchard Beach Inn is indeed lovely, couldn't be cleaner & staff was very friendly. The rooms are all different & beautifully done. My only disappointment with the inn was the lousy breakfast. Toast, muffins, coffee, tea, juice, fruit, cereal & yogurt you serve yourself. Really!? In a B&B? That is why people like to stay at a B&B! I've never stayed at one that didn't cook & serve you a hearty, hot breakfast. If this place was almost anywhere else in the world & served a real breakfast I'd definitely go back again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple