We stayed here in August, my wife and three boys and myself. We decided on the Echo Motel from the good reviews on Tripadvisor and we were not very impressed after staying here. The property seemed fine, but upon check-in I realized they gave us the room ( I think room 9?) right next to the pool and with a staircase right in front of our room. That means out of all the rooms on the property, we got all the noise from the pool plus everyone coming up/down stairs from the second floor rooms. Also, the little tiny space in front of each room facing outside that most people could sit outside on, we had a staircase right in front of ours. The real kick in the rear is that this room also doesnt have parking on site, I had to park the car across the street while everyone else with a room had parking there. Not a huge deal, but clearly this is the worst room in the resort and they should have told us when booking or offer a discount.
The rooms were ok, very spacious for our family, bathroom was a bit small but we managed. Very close walking to the beach. The cleaning /housekeeping did an excellent job in tidying up.
One other point that we didnt like, there is no ice maker on the property, you have to buy your own. No beach towels, you have to bring/buy your own, and no beach toys for kids. We ended up leaving the beach toys and towels that we bought with the management for future users.
Our family didnt really like Old Orchard beach, not our type of crowd and we wont be going back. The Echo was just ok, apparently there are a lot of Canadiens from Montreal that really like this place as we talked to several that come back year after year and seemed to really like it, but it is not really for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Echo Motel & Cottages are centrally located and within walking distance to the pier. The Oceanfront Cottages are large with wraparound decks that offer incredible views of the beach and bay. Other cottages within feet of the ocean are also available. Clean and comfortable motel units with or without kitchenettes are located 50 feet from the ocean with no streets to cross. All accommodations are reasonably priced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Echo Motel & Oceanfront Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Echo Motel & Oceanfront Cottages Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Echo Motel And Oceanfront Cottages
- Echo Hotel Oceanfront
- Echo Motel & Oceanfront Cottages Old Orchard Beach, Maine