“Absolutely Great!”

Joseph's by the Sea Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Joseph's by the Sea Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The view is outstanding but more importantly, the food was just as outstanding. I've been vacationing for a week and have had only one other great meal while here and that was at Jack Russell's Steakhouse in Bar Harbor. Here I had the Charred Salmon, the fish was flaky, mango cream sauce perfect compliment, red beets and other veggies you could tell were from a private garden. I don't care all that much for rice but theirs was very good, ate every grain. I'll be back if I come this way again, that's for sure.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Lovely restaurant by the sea, great menu with interesting choices. Decent wine list and the wait staff is friendly and helpful. It is a tad expensive but their quality is worth it.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Joseph's by the Sea is a gem in a tourist town overrun with souvenir shops and pizza restaurants geared toward beach-goers - which, of course, is the point of going to OOB - but it was nice to have one "elegant" meal during our stay. From the front there is no way to tell how lovely the restaurant is on the inside - contemporary, upscale and as others have noted, spectacular views of the ocean. The prices are in keeping with an upscale restaurant but not unreasonable. We had a wonderful meal and look forward to visiting again!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a great place for breakfast. The food is good and service is friendly. I've only had breakfast there (twice), but it's very popular for a (romantic) dinner.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Arrived in Old Orchard for Labor day weekend the Thursday before the weekend. All week long I had been looking for restaurants to visit during my stay. Fortunately for me I had eyed Joseph's by sea and it was located right next door to the motel I was staying in. Since I was alone this night I decided to visit Joseph's since it was so close.
It was a good choice, I was seated in the main dining room, didn't even realize that their was another room until the Satturday night. I ordered the crusted calamari, it was tasty and not chewy but had a lot of oli in the dish. For my main entree I had the baked stuffed lobster, I usually shy away from ordering this in a restaurant as the lobster is usually dry, however I must say other than my own baked stuffed lobster this dish was delish. The waiter that I had that night was very good and attentive. The lobster was juicy, the stuffing was good and it at least five or so scallops in it, there was plenty left over to take home the next day for lunch, I am still thinking about that dish and planning to go back on Columbus day weekend.
The reason I gave it only three stars was that we went back Saturday night for dinner with my friends plus we received a discount from the motel that we were staying in. We were seated in the patio room as the doors open wide and the ocean is right out there. I ordered a special with scallops, it sounded great but had no taste even after ordering some parmesan cheese, I was very disappointed, however my friends raved about their dinner, one had the salmon the other the steak. They also hosted a big wedding that afternoon so maybe the chef was tired. The waitress we had that nght was not the best and she never came back to ask us how our meal was.
The last morning of our trip we ended back at Joseph's for their breakfast as we had another coupon from the motel, their breakfast made up for my so-so meal a few nights before. Everyone at the table couldn't say enough about their breakfast, I had the multi-berry pancake, one of the group had the maple pecan waffle and another the Spanish omelette they were all great. The waitress that morning was super, smiling, and complimented us on our selections. A great place to visit for breakfast.