All reviews minute walk microwave motel beach season
Selected filters
Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

We had a great stay at the Crosswinds! The staff was friendly, caring, and willing to go the extra mile to make our stay comfortable. Our room was clean and perfect for a family of four. The ocean is just a couple of steps away from the beach. Would recommend it to anyone!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2016 via mobile

Stayed at Crosswinds for a few nights in July. The rooms on the second floor have a balcony with table and chairs,that looks out to the ocean! Loved sitting out there with a glass of wine and relaxing! Rooms are decorated nicely.No air-conditioning, but cross wind from windows was perfect. There is the train that goes by periodically, but you get use to it. Pool was welcoming! Owners are FANTASTIC! Definitely will be staying here again! Highly recommend Crosswinds!

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank brendal864
Reviewed July 12, 2015

We stayed from the 8 July - 12 July

Never even noticed the Dog, The Room where all re done from top to bottom.
Staff was pleasant and hospitable. They lent us Umbrella for the beach that they didn't have too, He have stayed in Old orchard beach now for over 8 years. I have never seen a location lend us a Umbrella without charge. The Pool was great.

Like the other review Room 8 is great for Family and great ocean view from the blacony.

I would recommend this to my family easily. The price was average.

Room tip: Root 8 for Family and Ocean view.
Reviewed July 2, 2015

I'm staying at Crosswinds Motel for the 4th of July holiday and so far it has been great. The beach is very close and beautiful. The pool is nice to relax at and cool down. Rooms comfortable and clean. Great view of the beach from the balcony upstairs. I stayed at the motel last year and there has been major improvements. Highly recommended. Hope to keep coming back every year.

Room tip: #8 is great for a family with kids and #15 is more private with a great ocean view.
1  Thank Lulu293
Reviewed October 29, 2014

reserved a week this august 2014.

pros: beds were comfortable. beach is awsome, less dropoff as noticed to the south of the pier. rooms even though no a/c were cool and cofortable.

cons: after checking in the first thing we encountered was dog doo around the door to our cottage. great start! the owner appolagised and quickly went to clean up the mess. they were there dogs. (more than one) we had rented a cottage at the back of the parking lot thinking it would be quiet.. wrong! sleep was shattered several times that night and frequently that week (days and nights) by trains regularly passing not 50 feet from our bedroom. even with earplugs, you get rattled out of bed at night. the cottage was to say the least neglected. my wife did major cleanup throughout the kitchen. had to ask for a coffee maker and other kitchen utensils.
next day i had hung my towel over my chair outside to dry a proceeded to catch the owners dog pissing on my towel. again owner appolagised, took my towel to wash and dry it and lent me another towel until mine was ready.
poor lady. she tried hard to be professional but just couldn't get it. beside our cottage was the maintenance ''shack''. it was a slum just outside our bedroom window. to top it all off wifi was always unstable.

to recap: your across the street from the beach which is the main attraction for the area. can't go wrong with the beach. great shopping within 1/2 hour drive. seafood paradise. (bayleys lobster pound) cottages... well no bed bugs. not much maitenance. don't expect much and you won't be decieved. beware the trains and the FN dogs. but if your just looking for a place to crash after a day out on the water or shopping, with earplugs (don't forget the earplugs) you may enjoy this place. sorry to say but but for $1600 a week, we won't be comming back here.

Date of stay: August 2014