“Wonderful to be back”

Moontide Motel, Cabins and Apartments
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Last year's first time experience at the Moontide was so positive I returned this year with more family members for a full week. We split out over an apartment and a room which worked perfectly in terms of being able to be together but also apart (!). The apartment had everything we needed to enjoy the week, and the service, cleanliness and location are still top notch :). Fellow guests are very pleasant, and the beach is lovely. Already planning next year's visit :).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We've found our 1st choice place to stay for a beach vacation getaway. From the friendly check-in to a fresh clean and well equipped room, this is the perfect place to stay when in Old Orchard Beach. The motel is just about 100 yards from the water, and about a 5minute walk to the downtown amusement park and food places. The rooms each have an assigned parking spot so you don't have to worry about a spot when returning from a trip away. Freshly re-done, the rooms have a flat screen TV, mini fridge, and microwave. The only negative would be the wi-fi, which barely worked, and when it did, was snail slow. So plan your research ahead. This is a great economical place to stay and we plan to return.

Room Tip: We liked the motel room, but they also have cabins for weeklong stays.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Dont let this little place fool you.. At first when i saw the cabin we were staying at online i though it was to close to the road. when we arrived there me and my girlfriend. It was not nearly that close.. It was very quiet actually strong air conditioner had all the things it needed to serve you well while you party at the beach. I believe Donna? was a pretty nice lady had no problem with any customer service questions I asked and the price is def right. people listen if you read this. Ive called almost everything around and nothing is this cheap and the prices all inculde the tax which is a big plus in my opinion. I dont see why i would not come back. While other places say ocean view etc. honestly who cares? because the odds of people sitting in there room starring out the window on a nice day is probulary not gonna be the case.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

I was so delighted by this motel that decided to stay another night. the owners are sweet, kind and do all to make you feel at ease. I asked a towel for the beach and they gave me also a chair! the room of the first night was large clean well equipped, the bath clean and wide, the bed comfortable.and I loved the coffee machine! 10 minutes walk from the old pier.
the room of he 2nd night was really to small but still clean and bed comfortable. I would stay here Again

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank ElisadeA
Reviewed September 16, 2012

3 nights as a couple September 11 - 13. Motel room #1. Just off the East Grand Road and far enough away from the Pier, but not too far. Could see the ocean from the rear windows. Looked like it was just remodeled. New carpet and furniture (2 full size beds, 2 dressers, large mirror, table and chairs, flat screen TVs), a safe, new shower, bathroom flooring and wallboard, new windows. Incredibly clean - if you have ever been to Switzerland - it was that clean! Cute lay out of the kitchenette complete with a counter and 2 stools, 2 burner cooktop, MV, mini frig, 12 cup coffee pot, sink and every kind of cookware, dishes, and utensils necessary. Provided dish soap and a few coffee filters. Very tiny, charming bathroom (which is probably typical of these vintage motels) with the worlds smallest sink. Shower with lots of hot water with a lot of water pressure that is controllable. They even managed to squeeze in a wall mounted hair dryer. The thru the wall A/C did it's job and did provide some white noise - very much like home! There were 2 plastic chairs and a small table on the porch entry just outside the motel room door. Close to everything. Convenient parking just outside your door. Wish we could have stayed longer. We knew that Old Orchard Beach was close to train tracks and we heard the Amtrak Downeaster as well as other trains go by several times a day. Did not matter in the big scheme of things. Pool was available right next door at the Echo. Wifi reception was good either from the Echo or Moontide. We slept in the room that did not share a wall with another couple as we could hear TV noise - not loud and obnoxious, just audible and expected in an older motel. We spread out into the second bedroom and kept the one room neat. Although we used the drop leaf dining table for breakfast, I think I would have preferred to have a couple of comfortable stuffed chairs and just eat at the counter. In the evening, there was nowhere to go to relax and read a book, other than lay on the beds or sit at the table. Out on the beach, just to the right as you enter the sand, there is a grill - I think it is called the Seaside Grill. They serve up breakfast and lunch, snacks, and they are a source for miscellaneous needs. Nice to have something that close. We were there late in the season and there was not much going on in OOB, but we found enough to enjoy the town!

Room Tip: I think the motel room space was fine for a couple and perhaps 1 - 2 very small kids, but a couple w...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We've stayed 6 nights at the Moontide Motel and our stay was perfect. We were welcomed like we have never been welcomed before in OOB, the room was very clean, the beds were comfortable, nice flat tv and very quiet at night. A few steps away from the beach and a few minutes from the pier so the perfect situation. We will go back for sure.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Patgin
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I recently stayed for a four day weekend at the Moontide Motel in Old Orchard Beach. My mom and I wanted to do a fun trip to Maine and this was the absolute perfect place for us to stay. I actually found Moontide here on Tripadvisor and felt very comfortable booking my stay based on all the positive reviews. The motel room was perfect for my mom and I. It's obvious that the building has been there for a few decades but everything was spotless. We stayed in room #1 and could actually see the waves from our bathroom window. We felt we didn't lose anything at all by not being technically "beach front", we were still incredibly close to the beach. We loved our trip so much we actually regretted so many trips away from town up to Portland and down to Kennebunkport. We will definitely be back and plan to spend even more time at the motel and on the beach. Thanks Donna and Jim!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family