“Great location / Belle place”

Moontide Motel, Cabins and Apartments
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We were there for a week and we really enjoy our stay, Clean, confortable and only a few steps to the (nice and clean) beach.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kirklandais

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Our family vacation here in July 2011, found it on the internet, which at times does not truely represent the property, but in this case, it does. It is very clean, well kept. Alot of attention to detail, beautifully decorated from the outside flower gardens to the inside decor in the rooms.
It is nicely located, steps to the ocean, a short walk to the pier, and a pool when you have had enough salt and sand.
The owners and staff we always there when you needed them, the were very friendly and would take the time to stop and chat with you.

Room Tip: We had Apt # 7, very spacious, great for a larger family, private patio
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Moontide last month and we can't say enough wonderful things about the experience. We've told several people about it since. We have been to Old Orchard before but will stay at Moontide going forward every year! Our room was decorated with a beachy theme and literally the most immaculate room we've ever stayed in. it was also pretty updated with flat screen, safe and fridge, unlike the other property we stayed at in the past. The beach is steps away on the same side of the street as the motel and, should you prefer a heated pool, they have one there too! There seemed to be several different types of rooms and cabins available too which was really cool. Next year, I think we will rent one of the cabins we were shown because they're absolutely adorable! The owners were lovely and gave us all kinds of suggestions for dinner and sights. This location is also close enough to the OOB center to walk on either the street or the beach but also far enough away to get a great night's rest. Being too close to downtown is a real pain but nobody wants to drive there so it's perfect! It's also walking distance from other shops and restaurants and a short drive to even more. We STRONGLY recommend this to anyone looking to visit Old Orchard!! See you next year Moontide!! Thanks again!!

Room Tip: I would call early. We made our reservation a long time in advance based on a recommendation from a...
1  Thank NYCinjeans
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We've stayed at the Moontide Motel quite a few times over the years and I have to say I am never disappointed. I get more impressed each year! I've done a lot of travel for work and I have never stayed in a hotel/motel as clean as the Moontide (and cleanliness always determines if I'll go back!) Moontide is always the perfect spot for our vacation because it has everything we need...heated pool, 2 min. walk to beach, mini fridge, TV...a great place to stay for families or even single travelers! The beach center is in walking distance from the Motel, as well as breakfast places right down the road. The owners are extremely accommodating and friendly. We absolutely love the Moontide Motel and can't wait to stay there for our vacation next year!

1  Thank mislis425
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We have been going to Old Orchard beach for about 3 or 4 years now, and had stayed in this one place that we thought was a good location. but each year the price went up and the service got worse.

So last year I said I’ve had enough I want to find a new place that is cleaner and cares about there guest, and all I can say is I am so glad that we found MOONTIDE… We will be staying there from now on, and will be telling everyone to go there…

We could not of asked for anything better, it felt like being at home, with so many more options..There is alot of store and food places with in a 5 min walk and well for just another 5 min head up to the center for some Awesome Ramo’s pizza on the strip, great ice cream next door and the amazing puzzle store a couple doors up… My girls said when we go on vacation next year we need to stay at the MOONTIDE, and we both agreed…
So many good memories fire works 3 days in a row, and we just had an amazing time..

In reading of the past reviews I just wanted to say there was not one point where we where deceived, let down or made to feel uncomfortable… I am so sorry that you had to have someone that rude stay in your cabin. You did treat us like family and we had an amazing time. It sounds like they where misleading not you… I am sorry but if a person has a sleeping disorder or any type of handicap you’d think they would ask more questions and or goggle map it and see the exact location…. We will definitely be back next year

Mel, Rog, and the girls

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I have been going to Moontide Motel since I was a kid. It has always been a part of some of my fondest memories. I am now married with 3 children and love to bring my kids to the beach and stay where I stayed as a kid. My kids now look forward to it every year. Between the beach, the pool and the short walk to the town center, there is always something fun to do. Thank you for providing such great service and so many invaluable memories!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Our rooms were very very nice, very very clean, very very comfortable. All the room amenities you would want on vacation. The owners were extremely sweet and very accommodating to any request we had. We were almost standing on the beach when we left our room. And there was a heated pool as well which was great for the kids when they were done with the sand. There were breakfast areas within walking distance when we didn't feel like eating in our rooms and the nearby shopping and boardwalk gawking available for our evening entertainment was great. And, let's not forget the fabulous fried clams, onion rings, clam cakes and Bill's Pizza that we love so much right on that boardwalk. My mouth is watering as I'm writing this. I can't wait for my next vacation. No question about where I'll be headed. Absolutely loved our stay at The Moontide! Definitely will be going back, and bringing my friends (I've told them all about it).