“Wonderful”

Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had a fantastic time and a wonderful experience at the Normandie Inn. I went last week, right before the busy season so I'm sure I didn't get the "full experience", but the hotel was perfect. Perfect view, clean room, water pressure that could take paint off a car (and I mean that in a good way!), comfortable bed, and the best yet, I was spitting distance from the beach. I researched hotels in the area for a solid 3 months before booking, and for an Ocean Front room on the second floor(Room 31), Normandie Inn was literally the closest to the beach and had the best prices. Some places wanted to charge me $300 a night to stay during "value season"! No thanks!
As a side note, staff at the front desk was super welcoming and friendly.

Thanks for the awesome time!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael B, Owner at Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thankyou for your review .I am so glad that you had a great time . I tell people all the time the next best option is sleeping on the beach. We are as close as it gets . I thankyou and my staff thanksyou. See you again.
Mike

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Thanks to the staff at Normandie Inn. They were helpful both over the phone and in person. My girlfriend and I had a great stay in your jacuzzi suite with no complaints. I would visit again as well as recommend them to others. Great value, and right on the Beach. Thanks again!
-Keith and Laurie from Massachusetts

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for staying with us . Everyone loves our in room Jacuzzi. Vacations are to short .Come ienjoy the beach with us again when you have the time to get away . Thankyou
Mike

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Rooms dirty. Sand on floor. Old saggy mattress. Dark and smelled mildew. We had reservations for two nights but had to leave because room was so bad. The owner would not give our money back. Rather than sleep in the room my sister slept on the beach.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank DEBDEV
Michael B, Owner at Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

I am so sorry to here that you left the establishment that you were at and the owner was non responsive to your concerns. I will say that you were not at this hotel.I also would feel very bad if your sister slept on the beach since this weekend was a total wash out. My family and I strive to give customers a great time .If we fall short we'd like to know.Are rooms are clean. So sorry you had a bad experience but the experience was not here.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We arrived at the Normandie for our one night stay in room 56. As we pulled into the parking lot around 3 p.m (which on my conformation is the check-in time) there was a woman standing there ready to let us know that the office was closed and she and her family had been waiting there for 2 hours for someone to arrive to check them in. After both of us calling the motel's phone numerous times, and a half hour had passed, a man who did not appear to work there dropped off his girlfriend/wife who worked in the office. She was very nice and apologetic and told us the phone number we had been calling is supposed to direct you to Mike's cell phone, the owner, who happened to be in Florida. We were never able to get ahold of anybody. Either way if you are expecting guests, someone should have been there. Later that night around 7:30 we decided to go for a dip in the pool (which the sign said closes at 8 p.m) The same man who dropped off the woman who ran the front desk looked rather irritated that people were swimming that late, rudely informed us that the clock was broken and the pool would actually be closing in 15 minutes. We were very certain he did not even work there. As for the room, the jacuzzi suite was beautiful (noted the room is in the basement, which was fine but the ceilings were barely 6 ft high) my boyfriend is tall and did have to duck down a bit - something the owner should mention to future guests of that room. Cute but not for tall people. Room was very clean. A+ to the housekeepers. We were a staircase away from the beach which was wonderful. Fridge, microwave, coffee maker, TV, plenty of towels and soap! But would we stay there again? Never.

Room Tip: Confirm that someone will be in the office when you arrive!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CHGD91

I'm sorry that our service was sub standard . This is nobody fault but my own. When running a family business sometime traget things happen and this why. I had one of my staffs replace me since I had to rush to the hospital concerning a family member.I regret that this happened but was beyond my control.But reached someone to replace me during this difficult time. As into the pool issue .Pool in the winter closes at 8:00 and sorry if the person was rude.i dId speak to him and he explained that pool closes at 8 and was just giving you and othere a 10 min reminder. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We only stay at the Normandie every year and look forward to our wonderful vacation every summer. The hotel is very clean and the staff very friendly. I'm 50yrs. and have traveled in and out of our country so I've many experiences of hotels. We will continue to only stay at the conenient hotel.We stay in May and Oct.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LinnieNewport_N_H_

Thankyou for the kind words hope you will come see us again in the near future .

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was lied to about the hot tub being available. Once I talked to the owner, who I believe was in Florida and named Mike, he refused to give me a discount and called me a liar. He also refused to connect me to housekeeping so I could see if I had left some belongings in the room. The woman who was in the office was very kind and understanding and agreed we deserved a discount because we were misinformed. The ONLY reason we chose this hotel is because of the hot tub--it was supposed to be a nice valentines get away. I usually let thing go easily, but the owner's rudeness was unbelievable. The room was nice and I wish I did not have this experience. It is one thing to refuse me a discount, but to tell me I was lying about asking about the hot tub is outrageous. AND refusing to let me talk to whoever cleaned the room is unbelievable. The location and room is great, but don't expect the owner to admit to mistakes. And if you call him on it, he will be extremely unkind. I highly recommend finding a place with better customer service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JJA4511
Reviewed December 12, 2012

we booked 8 rooms and had a blast we go to old orchard beach every year and this was our first time staying here and we are glad we picked this place. Rooms are small but its just a place to put our head down at the end of the night, The staff was wonderful, and loved the pool and hot tub.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family