“Happy at The Normandie”

Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
NY
“Happy at The Normandie”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We've stayed at the Normandie twice now.

The rooms might be a little dated, I see some people complaining about that but honestly, I've stayed 2 other places in OOB and let me tell you, I think the owners re-invest more of their money than either of the other places we used. Besides, do you really go to a motel to sit in your room and stare at the decor? Our room was wood paneled, yeah, it wasn't my taste.....so what? It was clean, comfortable, the pool and hot tub were spotless and well maintained, our housekeeper was friendly, the A/C worked, our room had brand new mattresses, the view couldn't be beat......and the one problem we had (a noisy neighbor) was taken care of by Mike immediately, despite the late hour.

The more we stay at other places in OOB, the more we love the Normandie.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Mass
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had an ocean front room, few steps and you where right on the beach. Room was clean and cozy. We arrived to early to check in and where given a parking spot, told we could change in pool rest room and enjoy the beach until room was ready. The staff where friendly and helpful, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

You need supply your own toilet paper and have to wash your own towels if you stay in the apartments. Which is NOT stated anywhere on their website. Other than that its the best place we have stayed yet and look forward to coming back again.

• Stayed August 2012
Granby, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My husband, my 2 children and I spent at 4 nights in this hotel and it was absolutely wonderful. The nearness of the beach and the given service was really good. It was very clean et the size of the room was ok for 4 persons. Thank you very much to Michel the owner, his family and so has all the employees.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My family has been going to the Normandie for years & generations! I would never stay anywhere else! The hotel has beautiful rooms that make you feel at home. The staff & owners are always extremly friendly & working hard to make your stay an experience to remember. It is always so clean & inviting! The view is incredible seeing as the hotel is on the beach & its a quick walk to the Pier. Even if you dont want to leave the hotel they have a cookout area, the pool & jacuzzi, the beach out your door..they even have a place with coffee, breakfast & lunch! The Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn is just the best!! I love it!... & so do my friends & family, they always want to come with me!!!

• Stayed July 2012
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel was nice. It was directly on the beach and the staff and maids were friendly. Just a few minutes to the pier and we were there. Everything about the room is what it said it was. The only issue we had was our beds were never changed, only 3 days per week, they were changed, and we came back and there was blood in our beds, have no idea how it got there and when we confronted it to the owners, they didn't do anything about it. We had a feeling it might have been sand fleas or bed bugs, but ever since that day, we'll never stay there again. That was the only bad issue. Everything else gets a positive vote. The Normandie Snack Shack was great, had excellent breakfast food and we loved it. Patio outside on the beach was awesome and loved it. The oceanview was beautiful too, dissapointed that we'd never stay there again. The amenities of the heated pool and jacuzzi were oh so perfect! I loved every bit of it. I did step into the public shower near the pool without shower shoes on (my fault) and got a plantar wart months later. That's okay, it was my fault and should have worn shower shoes. Now, I will, but other than all the good things, the bugs and blood will always remain in my mind. I doubt they were bed bugs, because we didn't bring them home with us, but it was something and the fact that we told the owners, and they never even changed our beds, was so disgusting and freaked us out. We vowed to never come back to this place. The only thing I'd come back to, is the restaurant.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Michelle W
MIKEBOUFFARD, Owner at Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Michelle , Thankyou for your kind words on our Snack Bar and about the hotel over all . I have to say 1 thing I hope you will stay with us again as you never talked to me about this ever happening .1st we do chane our beds every 3 days unless asked to change earlier. as into having satyed wthat we would not change is 100 percent false . You myself or anyone else would not tolerate this at any time. I am always on top of any issues and this one would never forget or let happen.Please feel free to call me on ths matter. Again Thankyou for your review. Mike Bouffard Owner
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is hotel is very clean and the service is awesome, Mike is always available to answer our questions. We traveled with our 2 kids (4 and 2) and the proximity to the beach was what we are looking for. We had lass than 1 minutes to the beach and at around 10 minutes to the Peer. (walking) We do not hesitate to go there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family