We've stayed here twice. The rooms could use updating but every motel in OOB is old and needs updating. It is not a resort. It is a motel RIGHT ON OLD ORCHARD BEACH and next to a pirate bar that has live Jimmy Buffet music most of the time. Everyone is there for the beach, not the motel itself. The beachfront pool was clean and kids enjoyed it very much. The Carolina is what it is - a run down motel in a fantastic location. If you plan to spend most of your time on the beach or in town, the Carolina is an acceptable place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront Vacationing With Breathtaking Views... The Carolina Resort Motel is where friends and family come to make memories that last a lifetime. After a long day of activity or relaxing at the beach, splash around in our heated pool or enjoy a cookout in our courtyard. In addition to comfort and genuine hospitality, the Carolina offers dining and entertainment right next door at Pirates Patio and Galley, with shopping and amusements of the Old Orchard Beach Pier only a short walk away. Offering oceanfront and ocean view rooms just a step away from the Atlantic Ocean, the Carolina Resort Motel aims to meet the needs of those seeking family vacation time, a romantic getaway, or a place to rest during business travel. We have recently updated/renovated many of our rooms and all include kitchen facilities, cable TV, and telephones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Carolina Resort Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carolina Motel Old Orchard Beach
- Carolina Resort Motel Old Orchard Beach, Maine