“The place was dirty outside and the people In the office were not catering to your needs at all it felt like you were asking fo”

and 1 more site!
Carolina Resort Motel
Ranked #30 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed July 12, 2013

For what I paid per night- I received cold showers and all I got was I'm sorry. The Internet didn't work. The pool was yellowish. I ask for clean towels never received them. The surrounding around the pool was messy dirty towels left around the pool.
I felt that other hotels or motels got to use the pool. The people in the office were not friendly at all. I would say I felt like I was bothering them when I was the one paying for things and not receiving it. It was like I was bothering them when I was the one without hot water! I must say the young girl that came in and vacuum my room actually nice. But that was about it. Sad but everyone around me felt the same too. Parking was horrible too must I say I had a room right on the water and I never had a parking
were my room was never mind that when I called to speak to the manager it was the one on the phone that wasn't even showing any care that I had kids and we had to park on another street away from the room! The room
was clean ( well I thought!)
The trash from the bathroom was but not the kitchen trash was taking! Really. Then the rugs were not vacuum and the beds were not made. Horrible service and dirty!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Lovella O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
South Portland, Maine
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed for the fourth of july we had the best room there and the priciest. The first couple of nights we didnt have any hot water nor did the other rooms. Also the parking there well thats a whole other story.. If your paying for the most expensive room there then your parking should be right next to the room instead of parking next to a bar and having to walk to your room. I will never be back nor will i tell my friends and family to go there. Oh , one more thing the manager was rude and didnt help out at all. I will be staying next door though. Its called the Beach House. Thats where i will be staying from now on.

• Stayed July 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have been staying here almost every year for the past decade and after my stay last week, I can say that it was my best stay to date. They made a change in Management this year and boy does it show! Room was clean as ever; fresh paint, new carpets and other updated amenities added to the great location and view. Also, the new staff were friendly, helpful, and down to earth. Even though this is not a modern motel by any means, it is a clean, comfortable and welcoming place to stay on your vacation.

Room Tip: Ocean Front rooms have the best views for the price.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank James W
massachusetts
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed here many times over the last 13 years. This place definitely could use updating..but ...location location location! That's why we keep going back there. The private deck rooms are the best.

• Stayed May 2013
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've been to the carolina before, years ago. so when i found myself back up in gods country,i decided to stay there. after reading all the reviews, i wondered if there are two carolina resort motels in o.o.b? because the one i stayed at on roussin st was awesome!!! Huge ocean front private deck overlooking the beautiful pool and the ocean!! not to mention the live music right there. Parking seems to be under control. Come back from dinner and my parking spot was still there!! I dont know what caused the bad reviews? i guess some people are unhappy no mater what you do for them!! anyway had a great time, already have reservation for next year.

Room Tip: the front rooms are upgraded with new furniture,flat panel tv and modern kitichenette
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank john p
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2012

After reading some of the poor reviews for this motel I felt I needed to share my experiences. My family and I began going to the Carolina from the year it opened and, to this day, I continue to go there every Labour Day for a week's stay. The beachfront rooms are literally steps from the beach and the view from almost all of the rooms is outstanding. While it maybe true that, for a time, the rooms were a bit outdated, the rooms are now being remodelled and are very clean and comfortable. The staff have always been extremely friendly and make us feel welcome. There is a fully equipped kitchenette in each room which saves a fortune in restaurant costs. After labour day the rates are half price and I am allowed to bring my dog - which, trust me, not many places allow. I don't think you could ask for anything more. I love going to OOB and wouldn't stay anywhere but the Carolina.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Lori-Ann L
Augusta, Maine, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2012

dirty,nasty, No where near luxurious like it says on the web site,place imo is a death trap for 171.00 a night absolutely horrible not even a dam vending machine in the hotel I will never stay at this dump of a motel ever again Remodel or something at 171/night your are ripping people of bad you should be ashamed of the crap hole you call a motel it would not surprise me if i got bedbugs from there p.s. its like every other review money back to stay there & pay me extra to stay there Please be warned this place is A crud hole

Room Tip: Don't stay there!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple