“the horrible train horn”

Biarritz Motel Suites & Apartments
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Moncton, Canada
“the horrible train horn”
Reviewed August 26, 2010

the motel his located next to a railroad crossing so the train honked his horn like 3 times every times it passed waking up the little one been there 3 night we had 2 night it passed at 3 am and every morning at 6 am at 1 am ect....... WOW:( we ve been on the side of the tracks before but there were NO train HORNN BUT the sevice was execellent and the room was a nice size like the 2 bedrooms

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank boogie08

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
USA
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We were charged for a king sized room and were told over the phone that the room was represented by the picture on the website. When we arrived the room itself was not in fact *king sized* even though they managed to squeeze a king sized bed into a space that appeared to have been used as a storage area prior to being converted. It was much more narrow than the king sized unit, it had a chimney going through the middle and it was unable to support all the furnishings of the king sized unit ( so we were left without a night stand on one side and there were no dressers in the room what so ever. The entrance to the room was at the end of a long enclosed dark exterior hallway. All other occupants had a view of the street in front. If we wanted to sit outside we had to go to the pool area down the stairs and in the middle of the parking lot, but there were only 2 tables set out there so getting a table was impossible and getting the one with the umbrella was not ever going to happen.Everyone else had seating outside there unit facing the street and under a roof if it rained. The bathroom was extremely cramped so much so that the mirror that is usually over the sink was on another wall altogether.The bathroom was not clean either. It had rust on the heater run & filth was built up against the side of the toilet .The unit also reeked of baby powder,which to our dismay was added to each time a cleaning was done. But the worst part was the stench of the room AFTER the smell of the powder had time to dissipate. It smells like old musky rug and filth.We complained numerous times, asking to be moved,or the return of our money. We were refused. On Sunday morning I had written a note to the property owners as they were not in the office yet but as I was placing the note the owner (June) appeared from the pool area. I handed her the note with a few of my complaints , including the one that a gratuity payment would not be made by us and to not leave envelopes asking for more money.She refused to speak to me but walked past. Later that morning when we returned from breakfast June and her husband Ron began a verbal attack on us insisting we leave ( there by breaking the contract) So we did receive back from them 160.50 for one night . Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this dump

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank AngelicNat

Travelers are raving about these Old Orchard Beach hotels

Johnston, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Me and my boyfriend stayed in 109M for a week. We both wish we could have stayed longer. We had the best time at the Biarritz!! Ron and June and the whole family are wonderful people!!! I read some of the other reviews and I cannot believe some people would say such horrible things about this motel. We found this motel to be very clean and comfortable!!! We had an awesome time and met some wonderful people which we now call friends!! We will definately be going back....June and Ron cannot get rid of us now!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leahbells1964
Merrimack, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 23, 2010

We went to this disgusting place for one night only and drove around on our vacation to relocate because my boyfriend and I could not fathom staying here for one night longer. I could not believe that they can get away with charging $150 per night for this place. My boyfriend woke up with a sore back from the uncomfortable and old mattress. The train woke us up. I found a bug crawling up my arm. The only thing that was put in the room prior to 1965 was the new TV...wow. I did not even sleep under the sheets...thank God I had my own blanket. Right across the street for the same price we found an awesome place. Do your homework...don't stay here!!! Seroiusly a roache hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank Kat_Kat69
Connecticut
Reviewed July 20, 2010

We read the reviews here and were worried. Once we got there and checked in the staff was wonderful and friendly. We got to our room 101m very nice and more then you would expect from a small motel. We had a two bed with a door seperator We are three adults all 5'8-6'3.. VERY clean. The refridgerator and Microwave were a plus but it is so close to great places to eat we didn't really need them. The owners are awesome !!!!!!! June and Ron walked the properties nightly to see that all was well and everyone had everything they needed. The beach is a few steps away. Yes the train comes by behind the motel you rarely hear it. We had nice evenings sitting outside of our room with chairs and a table supplied by the motel. It is also close enough to walk down to the peir and enjoy the sites. Do look out for the seagulls on the peir though they are little thiefs we watched them steal many peoples pizza and fries. Do yourself a favor book this place. Juat save a room for me in July.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lewisarm
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2010

My boyfriend and I had the best experiance at the Biarritz then any other hotel/motel we've EVER stayed at in August 2009. When we arrived the owners showed us different rooms that were available.. they didn't just throw us in a room they brought us there and showed us parking, features, bbq area, pool area, ect. They didn't rush us they wanted to get to know us.. once leaving the office the whole staff knew us by name. From reading previous reviews it seems like you all have higher expectations at a more expensive taste.. and from what my room looked like it probally was cleaner then your own home. I can't wait to go back this summer as we've already made reservations with the owners June & Ron and felt just as valued as the first time we've stayed there. As I was enjoying my experiance I spoke with regular seasonal guests and they all had positve feedback on their stay.. their pool was cleaned every day, well maintained property & their location was EXCELLANT as well as their hospitality was more then expected. The Biarritz is not the Ritz, it's a Mom & Pop Motel with owners who take pride in their motel and strive to make their guests happy and enjoy a comfortable stay. Thank you June & Ron for all your hospitality!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Here_2_There87
Massachusetts
Reviewed August 28, 2009

The "suites" they advertise on their website are NOT 150 feet away from the beach. You walk down an alley way (next to railroad tracks), down a short street, then cross another street, then down another street to get to the beach. (However, the owner kept insisting it was a "one minute walk".) When I asked to use the "Free WI-FI" to show him the website, he wouldn't give me the pass code. Our "Large 2 Bedroom" family suite/apt. was on the 3rd floor, not 2nd, and the stairs are "open" and shaky at best. The "suite" itself was old, outdated, musty, and the beds were "sunken" in the middle of the mattresses. Nothing like was shown on the website. Upon seeing what the place actually was, as compared to what you see on their website, I told the owner we would not be staying. After much going back & forth, he agreed to refund my money, but insisted on keeping one night's deposit which was non-refundable. After he put the refund thru, he came out to tell me that HE had made a mistake and had refunded too much and that if I didn't go back in, he would run it thru on my card anyway. I have never come across an owner so rude, arrogant and a place so run down. If you want a nice vacation, stay away from the Biarritz.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family