“Your average beach”

West Buxton, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Your average beach”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

It's a nice beach ,but it's a hot tourist spot, so it gets extremely crowded during the summer season. If you like your space, then I would suggest less known, local spots. There are also lots of shops along the pier and main drag so you won't be bored. If you visit OOB, make sure to try a deep fried oreo- they're delicious :)

• Turkish first
Orlando
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to vacation”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We just went to Old Orchard Beach this past summer and stayed at the Grand Victorian. We loved every minute of it and we strongly suggest OOB if anyone is looking for a nice place to visit in Maine.

1 Thank Hank S
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The best beach in the world”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I moved to Old Orchard because of this beach. It is 7 miles of white sand from Camp Ellis to Pine Point. The beach is horseshoe shaped so it seems to have some natura lprotection. If you like to hunt for sand dollars, clam shells, heart shaped rocks then check the tides (best to walk at low tide) and have some good luck hunting! I have even discovered some sea glass. In the winter the seagulls appreciate some stale bread; and the dogs have fun eyeing the gulls. I love walking my dog along the beach (please take a baggie for pick up) - I can even let him off the leash (he is well trained). I feel like this is my own beach; it is so uplifting to see the expanse of toe wiggling sand, with the water and white waves laping the shor and reflecting the colors in the sky: pink,blue, shades of gray sky at sunset or sunrise, islands off in the horizon - I took a picture and all my friends thought I was in the Carribean some where! I love my beach!!

Visited December 2012
Madawaska, Maine
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Fun things to do fun night clubs and great entertainment but the beach was very dirty when we went don't know if they clean it later in the season or don't clean it at all but way too dirty to enjoy

Dayton, Maine, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fun”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I love the food! dont like the train in the center of town, its load. park looks fun. beach bagel has awesome food!

Visited October 2012