“OK”

Beau Rivage Motel
Ranked #21 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
“OK”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

The room seemed a bit dirty. A nasty smell blew in from the window AC unit. A good location, an easy walk to all beach attractions. Not sure what Maine defines as a "heated" pool, but we in NY have a different, and warmer, concept of a heated pool! Three hotels throughout Maine, all advertising heated pools, all three with cold water. Look around town, there are many choices of accomodations. I'm not saying to avoid this hotel, but one could do better.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed August 23, 2011

It's been the third time I stayed at the Beau Rivage in Old Orchard Beach. It's not a fancy hotel by any means, but it's close to the beach (just one block) and close to the pier (about 5 minutes walk).

My room was 16A, which had a King bed, a mini-fridge, a microwave and a very small TV (I had the feeling of going back in time... but who cares... I'm not going to OOB to watch TV). The room was quite spacious (more than I expected), but the bathroom was very small (the toilet was almost underneath the sink... but again, I didn't care). The room was very clean and had a little view of the ocean from my window (but not the beach), which was nice.

As other pointed out, there is a train that goes right behind the hotel many times a day... even at night! For a light sleeper like me, that wasn't good. It woke me up every night... and I had ear plugs. However, I assume that any hotel nearby would have the same problem... but that was annoying to say the least. Another thing I didn't like was the doors to the rooms. They were hard to open (at least mine) and they were making lots of noise. That was annoying too when many members of a family were going in and out of their nearby room very frequently.

I really liked the pool though... and most of all the spa! It's open until 11PM, which is great, and you're even allowed to bring some beers (if you're quiet and if you don't bring bottles), which is even greater. It was nice relaxing in the spa while chatting with other people.

Other than that... parking was free (one car) and coffee too in the morning. Staff was polite and helpful. As the name suggests, this hotel seems to be owned by a French Canadian family... so some staff were speaking perfect French, if that's any help to you.

Since it was at the end of August, I managed to have a rate of 109$/night, which I thought was a good price. I know that Old Orchard is very seasonal, but I wouldn't pay 200$ to stay here... but at the good price, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank SatanicSurferz
Vernon, Connecticut
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This is the 3rd time I have stayed at the Beau Rivage Motel. I would definately stay there again. The staff were extremely knowledgeable in helping us get around and do things. They were also very good and recommended things and places to eat. The pool, hot tub and sauna were very sufficient to keep 4 children happy and content not to mention the mini walk to the beach.

The only downside was that my room did not have a tub and the shower was very small for an adult. The rooms (mine had a kitchenette) were sufficient and the kitchenette came with all of the dishes and utensils two people could use. We also enjoyed the BBQ area which was also equipped with all you need. Just step into the office and they give you a basket of utensils. The best part, I didn't have to clean them. The motel did all that.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Newport, Vermont
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We had a great time, our room was great. We were very impressed on how clean the room was. It was awesome to BBQ right out back. With kids it is not always fun eating at resturants all week, so this worked great for us. We diffenitly want to return.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank VikkiSL
Fall River, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Stayed at this motel with a friend for a couple of days. We got there about 12 noon on Sunday, even though check in was not until 3 pm, since our room was ready we were allowed to check in upon our arrival!!!

Staff was friendly throughout stay. Pool, hot tub and sun deck were very useful and used multiple times during our visit. Hotel is about 100 yards from beach o that not a problem either.

Room was spotless! Bathroom was also very very clean!

Room Tip: We stayedi n room # 26, which was on the second floor. No issues at all, id ask for that room again
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank djddave8
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Definitely not for those in search of luxurious accommodations, or an all inclusive stay. the rooms are dated but adequate. The administration was very friendly and accommodating. the rooms were clean, and the bathrooms were exceptionally clean but again, dated. But after all, it is a "motel". The best part of this motel was its proximity to the beach and the "happening" area of old orchard. It was also close to stores and restaurants. price wise, it was in the vicinity of the the other motels in the area. The parking was adequate but in some areas crowded. Fresh coat of paint and some cheap IKEA furniture wouldn't hurt in the rooms. I would stay again. The pool and hot tub areas were spotless and not heavily chlorinated.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Palmer, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I went here according to the reviews, but I will make sure to read ALL the reviews. Way overpriced for the room. I thought we were getting a nice, romantic room with a jacuzzi, and we ended up with a dated, handicapped access room. They failed to mention also, that the train goes RIGHT behind the hotel multiple times a night - I look out the bathroom window and all I see are train tracks! It's a decent location, but I could've stayed closer to the pier for the same price. The layout was awful, there were no amenities (shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer, nothing), the bed is hard and squeaky and the pillows are far from fluffy and new (think of resting your head on a few pieces of clothing). I feel duped. It's a short walk to the beach, which is good, but be ready to try and find the walkway, as it's over-run with bushes.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple