“Can I have some privacy please???”

Friendship Oceanfront Suites
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Salem, NH
“Can I have some privacy please???”
Reviewed August 25, 2007

Our family of 4 just returned from the Friendship Inn, and I can't see what the other reviewers see. We were in Unit 22 on the bottom floor. The Inn is a horsehorse shaped design with entry doors on the outerside (parking area) and through the unit exit on the innerside (pool and very common area).
In the first room, of the smallest suite I have ever stayed in, were 2 twin beds, a sink (because it didn't fit in the minuscule bathroom), a wardrobe closet, 2 nightstands/lamps, a bureau, tv and coatrack. In the next room was a full pull out couch sleeper, coffee table, 2 side tables/lamps, a corner table with 2 chairs, tv, small fridge, sink, a couple cabinets. This room had a slider to go out to a small paved patio that had 2 plastic chairs and a table. While the unit was small it was clean and that was okay. It was the patio area I had trouble with. People think this is a common walkway and walk along this area directly outside of each room looking into rooms and moving furniture as they went. I was sitting out one night when a couple walked between me and the table I had my drink on. Ten minutes later, a young skateboarder flew by me hitting my chair and knocking a towel off another across from me. While the 2nd floor suites have nice private decks the 1st floor units have communal living. It's bad enough the units are minuscule, but to have people all day and night walking right outside your door, sometimes even looking in is incredibly rude. My husband and I were amazed at the lack of respect for peoples personal space. People would walk by talking loudly on their cell phones while looking into units.
If you like fishbowl living then this is the place for you. I like my privacy.
The room was very clean and the staff was welcoming, but the rude patrons will keep me away.

• Liked — I can't think of anything
  • Disliked — small unit
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank ThatsAGiven

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Dudley Ma
Reviewed June 25, 2007

As usual our stay was wonderful. The room was clean and refreshing. The staff bent over backwards to service us. The grounds were impecible, the pool super clean and the ocean beach litter free. This is our 3rd year with the Inn and it couldnt get better. Tom and Deb

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank daccrafts
New Brunswick
Reviewed September 14, 2006

My husband, daughter(14) and niece(15) stayed at the Friendship Motor Inn during the latter part of August. We had been travelling around Maine and New Hampshire for several days, and I can honestly say that the Friendship Motor Inn was immaculate - everything was crisp and clean.

The location cannot be beat - it's far enough off from the Pier so you don't have the crowds on the beach, there is a lovely pool, and the atmosphere is great. It's quite obvious people come year after year...

The rooms are small - the bathroom miniscule - but who stays in their room when you are on the beach? We loved the upstairs location and the balcony overlooking the pool and ocean.

We'll be back!

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The tiny bathroom
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for the second floor - we liked the balcony, though the first floor had a very tiny patio, but was not private...
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank macpherk
worcester, ma
Reviewed September 8, 2006

Great location. Large lawn and pool right on the beach. very family oriented and safe. Clean rooms. seperate sitting room with refrigerator and sink. management and staff very nice. Big thumbs up

Stayed August 2006
4 Thank andeefig
Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada
Reviewed May 19, 2006

The sounds of the poeple above us is terrible!! But in general, The Friendship Motor Inn give a great and clean room. The service is good. But the bathroom is very very little! And the only rooms(chambers) with kitchens are in a dark and small corridor(lane). The pool is clean, heated and big. In all, The Friendship Motor Inn is beautiful, good, not too expensive and clean. I you the recommende

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank Fabzz
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 13, 2006

I've been staying at the Friendship since age 13 (now 39+). It started with my parents and grandparents, now my kids and husband love it just as much as I. The beach is just a stone throw away. The views are breath taking. The beaches are very clean and monitored daily. Rooms are great and have been updated. The pool is always clean!!! Try the Friendship for a great family getaway.

• Stayed June 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lincoln, NE
Reviewed October 3, 2005

Friendship Motor Inn was a great experience from the get go for my vacation. The staff was very friendly and helpful from the first time I called to make a reservation to the time we checked out. The rooms are unique as they offer a "suite" type atmosphere. The property is within yards from the ocean and from the patio of our room, we could see the ocean perfectly. It was a great location to watch the sunrise!!! The rooms are older, but they are clean and well kept up.

• Stayed September 2005