Our family of 4 just returned from the Friendship Inn, and I can't see what the other reviewers see. We were in Unit 22 on the bottom floor. The Inn is a horsehorse shaped design with entry doors on the outerside (parking area) and through the unit exit on the innerside (pool and very common area).
In the first room, of the smallest suite I have ever stayed in, were 2 twin beds, a sink (because it didn't fit in the minuscule bathroom), a wardrobe closet, 2 nightstands/lamps, a bureau, tv and coatrack. In the next room was a full pull out couch sleeper, coffee table, 2 side tables/lamps, a corner table with 2 chairs, tv, small fridge, sink, a couple cabinets. This room had a slider to go out to a small paved patio that had 2 plastic chairs and a table. While the unit was small it was clean and that was okay. It was the patio area I had trouble with. People think this is a common walkway and walk along this area directly outside of each room looking into rooms and moving furniture as they went. I was sitting out one night when a couple walked between me and the table I had my drink on. Ten minutes later, a young skateboarder flew by me hitting my chair and knocking a towel off another across from me. While the 2nd floor suites have nice private decks the 1st floor units have communal living. It's bad enough the units are minuscule, but to have people all day and night walking right outside your door, sometimes even looking in is incredibly rude. My husband and I were amazed at the lack of respect for peoples personal space. People would walk by talking loudly on their cell phones while looking into units.
If you like fishbowl living then this is the place for you. I like my privacy.
The room was very clean and the staff was welcoming, but the rude patrons will keep me away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendship Oceanfront Suites accommodations are perfect for the entire family. Featuring 71 two room suites, all living rooms have a double sleep sofa with your choice of king or two twin beds in the bedroom. All rooms have private bath with stand-up shower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Friendship Oceanfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Friendship Motor Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Friendship Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Friendship Motel Old Orchard Beach
- Friendship Oceanfront Suites Old Orchard Beach, Maine