“Clean, reasonably comfortable for family of 4.”

Friendship Oceanfront Suites
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Bathurst, Canada
“Clean, reasonably comfortable for family of 4.”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here due to larger room sizes than many of the other hotels is Old Orchard Beach.
Layout is a bit strange with the sink outside the tiny bathroom, and only a stand-up shower, which my young children didn't really care for. Beds were comfy. Pool was clean and kept reasonably warm. Customer service and housekeeping were very good.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank DCOE

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights this past weekend and we really enjoyed it here!
The hotel is very clean, definitely not updated, but the rooms are large for 2 people and the balcony has a very nice view of the beach/ocean. Staying on the top floor is a must, the rooms downstairs all face the pool and it can get very noisy during the morning/afternoon.
The hotel is located about 1 mile from the pier, it is quieter down this end (which we prefer) but it did take us 20 minutes or so to walk downtown. There is a small store right across the street that also has a full menu for takeout, which was convenient.
I would say that it is definitely more of a family hotel- there were kids screaming and running around the pool area almost the entire day, but we really didn't mind since this was a last minute trip. If you are looking for a romantic getaway with your spouse I would not suggest staying here.
Overall it was a nice stay!

Room Tip: Definitely choose a room on the top floor with a balcony, it is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank snoflake117
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was a last minute booking, as my child wanted a return trip to old orchard beach. We arrived by train, and after walking a couple of miles (nearly collapsing in the heat) finally stumbled to the Friendship suites.
Immediately, we were greeted by staff who empathetically gestured us to the water cooler. The check in went smoothly, they allowed me to pay with cash (which I prefer). I also found out that there is a trolley stop right in front of the hotel that picks you up and takes you to the pier for a buck (what a relief since we didn't have a car).
Yes the rooms are outdated, even taking me back to my childhood in the 70s with the sliding glass door and lock on it. But then again, it was clean, well stocked with toiletries and spacious. We had a lovely view of the sunset and ocean as well. For a beachside motel that probably does most of it's business only 3 months out of the year, I was impressed.
Every morning there was fresh coffee, tea or cocoa in the lobby and they even threw in a paper from Saco or Portland and danish for free!!
The office personal were very accomodating allowing me the use of their personal silverware and allowing me to keep my luggage in the office for a couple of hours until the downeaster train arrived.
The pool was fantasic, well maintained, warm and big (u like many of the other pools in town that were puny in comparison).
I have to say if we were to return to old orchard, I would probably go with the friendship again. My advise to other travelers would be to try to get a room nearer the ocean on the top level.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank milliegene
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This place was a great setup for my family. Our two young kids slept fine on the pull-out couch. The pool is great - even when it was 60F outside and raining the kids enjoyed it. You are steps from the beach (and it's a very nice one and not too crowded even on the 4th of July) and the pool is right outside the door. The staff was friendly and helpful - there is a decent selection of DVDs you can borrow for free at the front desk. Also they let us hang out past the checkout time and use the pool and showers/changing room, which was nice since the best weather was of course the day we were leaving.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Ken E
Pelham
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife and I decided to go away for an unplanned vacation in July. I researched Old orchard Maine and came across The Friendship inn. I likes what I saw on line and decided to book a couple of nights.
Upon arrival we were thrilled with what we found, A very clean inn with a very friendly front office. After check in we went to our room and were pleasantly suprised with what we found! A very clean cut 2 room suite. well equipted. The bathroom was small but it was very clean. We were very pleased. AS we enjoyed the afternoon and relaxing we went out for dinner. upon returning we sat outside on the deck watching the ocean and the moon and stars. The only draw back was being a smoker I would have perfered being on the lower level. In the morning I contacted theoffice and was please when they told me they had an opening on the lower level. as soon as the occupants checked out they get the room ready for use quickly. They even helped us move our belongings. Now I decided I wanted to sat a third night so back to the office i went. again they were quick to try to try to satisfy me. My room had been reserved by request for that night but the room next door was going to open up. The occupants were from Canada and were checked out by 8AM and again we were in within and hour ! What a wonderful experience!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank George B
Berlin, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I visited Old Orchard with a good friend of mine last month. We were without husbands and looking to have a good time. The hotel was okay, no Hilton, but in a great location. Not a party place, family orientated. I did not have a car at my disposal and called the front desk for help and to my surprise and my old time friend's, the girl at the front desk, said "I can give you a ride". April gave us a ride to the store to pick up a not so essential --- essential... Our rooms were cleaned up everyday and if we asked for something it was provided. We did wish, however, that shampoo and conditioner were provided. Our overall review is good, it was clean, quiet, the view was breath-taking and to our surprise the people seemed to care and take notice. Thank you for a wonderful little get-a-way with my old friend Maple.

Room Tip: The rooms on the North side--- Its the sunny side all afternoon
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank samantha m
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Our family rented one of the Friendship Beachfront condos at the end of June. The facility was perfect, better than we ever expected. Newly refurbished, clean, beautiful. Expensive but if budget is less an issue, this can't be beat. 2 bedrooms and pull-out, new a/c's in bedrooms, new appliances, all new floors & windows, bbqs, nice deck overlooking Beach - located right next to hotel. It rained the entire time we were there, but at least we had a great place to stay! Will definitely be back. Didnt have much need to see much of the staff, but the interaction we had was pleasant and helpful. Will post pics soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family