We stayed here Memorial Day weekend in a corner 1 bdrm suite. The main door leads into the bedroom. Ours had a king sized bed, sink, wardrobe with hangers and tiny TV with a VCR. Through that room is the living/kithcen area, which has a pull out couch (that is already made), 2 comfy (sitting) chairs, table with 2 additional chairs, a snazzy flat screen, sink, microwave, mini fridge and several cabinets. There was a sliding door with a screen in the living area. The bathroom is in the middle of the suite and it's TINY. And by tiny, I mean, tiny! I'm 180lbs and had issues moving around in the standing shower without hitting the walls.
The furniture and bedding is severely outdated, but EVERYTHING was spotless. Not a crumb, bug, or stain anywhere! However, [we think it was] the AC left somewhat of a musty smell. So since we did not need it, we didn't use it.
The motel is shaped like a U and in the center is an enclosed, good-sized, heated pool with lounge chairs along the edges. The motel is right on the beach and they even have lounge chair lining the top of the U, so the chairs face the ocean.
There's a general store less than 2 minutes away that has beer, wine, snacks, etc. Then 1 mile in the other direction is the Pier with all the food, drinks and excitement OOB has to offer :-)
Dan, who is at the front desk sometimes, is a gem! But everyone at the desk was really nice. They offer a limited, but adorable selection of VHS and DVDs free of charge to take back to your room. They also have coffee and tea available all day. I never made it in time for the danish and fruit they have in the morning, but I'm sure they have it. The only downfall to this motel is that the free WiFi is super slow. But it is free, so I won't complain.
Overall, the motel is really sweet and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for low-key accommodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendship Oceanfront Suites accommodations are perfect for the entire family. Featuring 71 two room suites, all living rooms have a double sleep sofa with your choice of king or two twin beds in the bedroom. All rooms have private bath with stand-up shower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Friendship Oceanfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Friendship Motor Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Friendship Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Friendship Motel Old Orchard Beach
- Friendship Oceanfront Suites Old Orchard Beach, Maine