this was our 5th girls long weekend at the Edgewater. We were greeted by Jean like we were long lost friends. We were in rooms 1 and 2 which face the beach and are very quiet. There were 2 double beds in each room, a nice roomy bathroom (with a great shower!) and small refrigerator and microwave.
The beach is a 2 minute walk from the hotel and is a great beach for just sitting and soaking up the sun or for having a nice long walk. Every Thursday there are great fireworks at about 9:45 down on the beach. Take a blanket and bottle of wine and enjoy!
We love Joseph's next door as a place for an elegant dinner and the lobster rolls and other food at the Sunset Grill ,just beyond Josephs, is good too. The fat Belly Deli has WONDERFUL breakfasts. All of these places are within a short walk of the hotel. There is also fun shopping (touristy stuff) nearby as well.
The Edgewater is very clean, has a great decor and professional, friendly people that work there.
We are planning to go back next year as well ....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Edgewater Motor Inn in Old Orchard Beach, Maine, sits on the sparkling Atlantic in the center of seven miles of gently sloping sand beach, central to all attractions.Our guests are pampered with distinctively appointed well-equipped rooms and a level of personalized attentive service that comes from three generations of inn keeping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Orbitz so you can book your The Edgewater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Edgewater Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Edgewater Old Orchard Beach
- Edgewater Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- The Edgewater Old Orchard Beach, Maine