I vacationed to Old Orchard for three nights with my husband and another couple at the Edgewater. From start to finish, it was a fantastic weekend. Check in was easy and quick. The room was perfectly clean and neatly decorated. I love that it had hardwood floors - perfect for a beachfront hotel. We stayed in room 7, which was right in front of the pool. It was a nice room, but did not have an ocean view. We booked in May, so most of the hotel was booked for July by that time. We didn't have a choice. I hope to return next time with my kids, and would like a second floor room on the end (I think it was room 20 and 21, but I am not sure.)
The location of this hotel was PERFECT. You are literally ON the beach and the walkway to the dunes is in the parking lot. It is also less than half a mile to the pier, so it is easy to get to the action if you are into that sort of thing. We went as an adult weekend, and frequented the downtown area bars and restaurants, but I would not hesitate to bring my kiddos here. It is close to everything, but far enough away that it is quiet at night and you are not surrounded by a bunch of partiers. We were very pleased.
The staff was extremely friendly. The rooms were very clean. Our room did not get cleaned the second day, but we had the privacy mark up a lot of the day for sleeping in and our friends taking a nap.
The pool is very small, but heated and so nice after boogie-boarding in that ice cold ocean. There is also a second floor deck with awning and chairs, which is really nice for chatting or reading while enjoying the ocean view and breeze. Parking is not great, but there was always a spot for us. Sometimes we had to direct the driver how to exit the tight spot while exiting, but that was the worse of it. What to do you expect?
Overall, our experience was EXCELLENT and I would only stay at the Edgewater should I return to OOB. The only downside is that there is a 3 night minimum in the summer. I understand it, but it is a bummer. We had so much fun in July that we wanted to return in August for one night with the kids. Unfortunately we don't have the money or time off for 3 nights. :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Edgewater Motor Inn in Old Orchard Beach, Maine, sits on the sparkling Atlantic in the center of seven miles of gently sloping sand beach, central to all attractions.Our guests are pampered with distinctively appointed well-equipped rooms and a level of personalized attentive service that comes from three generations of inn keeping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Edgewater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Edgewater Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Edgewater Old Orchard Beach
- Edgewater Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- The Edgewater Old Orchard Beach, Maine