My birthday present from my husband this year was a trip to Old Orchard Beach in Maine. I had never been and he hadn't been since he was a child. He spent a lot of time calling motels, but many of them required at least a two night stay.
Luckily because of that, we stumbled across the Edgewater. Typically when I hear Motel, I get a little scared. But the Edgewater was wonderful! From the check in desk, to the rooms, everything was nicely decorated and well kept. In fact, in our room, everything looked as if it were brand new! And the box of salt water taffy inside was a nice touch!
As we walked around Old Orchard Beach we realized we made a very good choice, I can't imagine any of the other motels were this nice! You won't be disappointed in a stay here!
If you get a chance, head over to Joseph's next door for breakfast. The dinner menu looked a little pricey, but we had a phenomenal breakfast and for a great price!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Edgewater Motor Inn in Old Orchard Beach, Maine, sits on the sparkling Atlantic in the center of seven miles of gently sloping sand beach, central to all attractions.Our guests are pampered with distinctively appointed well-equipped rooms and a level of personalized attentive service that comes from three generations of inn keeping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Edgewater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Edgewater Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Edgewater Old Orchard Beach
- Edgewater Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- The Edgewater Old Orchard Beach, Maine