What strikes me about The Edgewater is how they made my husband and me feel like we were regulars to the hotel despite the fact that it was our first visit. They were so sweet and we loved that they acknowledged our anniversary when we arrived. From my first phone call to the establishment, I knew the proprietors cared about their customers. The woman who took my reservation was friendly and professional that I knew I had made the right choice before I even checked in.
The room itself was lovely. We had an Ocean Front room with a gas fireplace and a huge jacuzzi tub with a separate shower. The room was clean and the decor approriately beach themed. I felt like I was in my own private beach cottage!
Now, one thing to keep in mind is that this is an older property and though it is obvious that they keep up with maintance and renovations, it is not without its flaws. Some cracks in the grout lines around the tub and some fluxtuations in the power availability at 5pm (when eveyone is coming in from the beach and using electricity at the same time) does exist. These imperfections really didn't detract from our stay or make it any less romantic, I just think that when searching for a hotel it is nice to know all the facts so you know exactly what you are getting.
The Edgewater will now be our go to place when staying in Old Orchard as it is in walking distance from the pier and steps away from the ocean. We never had the need to use our car once we checked in.
The Ocean was surprisingly warm in Old Orchard for Maine standards, but if it is still too cold for you, The Edgewater has a nice sized pool. Some have complained about it size, I think they are really referring to the area allocated to the lounge chairs, as the pool itself was larger than some I have seen in many chain hotels. But if you want to lay out, the beach is huge and literally right at the hotel's doorstep.
If you are looking for a quaint inn in Old Orchard Beach with plenty of amenities and proximity to the ocean and the pier, then look no further than The Edgewater.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Edgewater Motor Inn in Old Orchard Beach, Maine, sits on the sparkling Atlantic in the center of seven miles of gently sloping sand beach, central to all attractions.Our guests are pampered with distinctively appointed well-equipped rooms and a level of personalized attentive service that comes from three generations of inn keeping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your The Edgewater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Edgewater Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Edgewater Old Orchard Beach
- Edgewater Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- The Edgewater Old Orchard Beach, Maine