“Great location”

Alouette Beach Resort
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed June 8, 2007

I was looking for a place on the beach for a mini vacation. This motel IS ON the beach. Short walk down the beach to the pier, eating and shopping. We had rain during our stay, and the indoor pool was wonderful. Very friendly, helpful owners and staff. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2007
4  Thank DebL2

Reviewed June 2, 2007

Super in every way! Friendly hosts, great amenities, and perfect location. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank BlackSheepDesigns
Reviewed May 29, 2007

Our recent stay was a true delight - the accomodations were comfortable, clean and close to the ocean. We had gracious service from Fred and Ann and enjoyed the meals there. We will return next year for a longer stay - very pleasant atmosphere! Kat T. Rock Garden Designs

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2007

The accommodations were clean, spacious and lovely. The staff could not have been any more helpful and responsive.

We had a delightful stay and are looking forward to a return visit.

Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed January 17, 2007

This past summer, I stayed at the Alouette Beach Resort in Old Orchard Beach, Maine. I've been to the southern Maine area many times in my travels, but this is my absolute favorite place! The hotel is located on the beach, walking distance from the Old Orchard Beach Pier. Our family had an excellent time. We spent much of the afternoons, sunning on the beautiful beach. Late afternoons, we'd walk up to the pier. Then on the walk back, choose a restaurant or pick out our meal and cook it at the cottage. Maine Lobster, yum, yum!! When we had our meals at the hotel, we ate outside at the tables over-looking the ocean and watched the sun go down. Can't think of a better way to end the day!
We went whale watching on the Indian (about a half hour drive away) and saw several Finback whales - surprisingly close! I had my zoom lens on my camera and we were so close, I wasn't able to get the entire whale in the picture! I would also recommend this particular whale watch to anyone. I've been on several ranging from Rockport, MA to Bar Harbor, ME. There's a lot to be said about the smaller boats - you can see from almost anywhere on the boat - and there's no one shoving you aside. The captain and crew were friendly and knowledgeable, too.
Aside from the great location of the hotel, this place is my favorite because of the way we are treated when we're here. Anne and Fred, the owners are extremely nice and very helpful. They made us feel extremely welcome and were available the entire time we were there. This is my second time staying at the Aloutte and I returned here because it feels like home away from home. I recommend this place for families or singles alike.
I love the area. Old Orchard Beach is charming, historic and has fun for everyone!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank ittoone
Reviewed September 20, 2006

The Alouette Beach Resort is right on the beach. It was great that we were able to step out our room and be on the beach without having to cross any roads. It is family oriented. We loved our room with a kitchenette. Next year we are going back to rent their cottage. We loved the indoor pool. We liked being able to have a meal at their resturant if we didn't want to cook. It was nice that the pier and amusment park were within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2006
3  Thank Sillymatrix
Reviewed August 28, 2006

The brochures on the web showed some nice looking rooms I was surprised the room was so cheap. When I got to the room I could not believe how horrible it was.The floor was filthy the kitchen area was repulsive. I wouldn't wish this place on Osama Bin Laden. I went back to the desk and asked for another room but it was full. The owner refused to refund my money even though I did not stay in the room for 60 seconds before I decided to leave. There are much better places right nearby look at the trip advisor top 3 I have stayed at two of them and they were great.

• Stayed: July 2003, traveled with family