Oh, my! On the one hand, very few OOB motels stay open during the winter, and I had tried 2 lodgings before this one, both of which were unstaffed in spite of having neon vacancy signs on. Alouette cost me more than it should have -- almost $90 for one night, a Sunday, during the off-season. The place was nearly empty, except for a couple of the waterfront units. The owner could have placed me in one of the middle rooms (it is a multi-building property), which would have been quiet in the early morning. Instead, he placed me up front in a side building adjacent to where he and the cook park when they arrive at 7 AM; the unit was also right next door to some type of storage bin, and the banging around in there during early morning hours was nearly deafening. Besides this, I could hear all the loudly delivered small talk and greetings,etc, when I would rather have savored some peace and quiet. The night before, the owner had kept me waiting for 15 minutes or longer in the cold, December dark. But did he extend a discount or an upgrade to me? No, he most ungenerously did not. About an hour after checking in, I discovered that the Wi-Fi didn't work. Password was accurate, yet the signal was caught on something. I called the owner to suggest that the router be reset, which involves pushing a button. The man said he wasn't going to return to the property to do that, and he hung up on me!!! This was the worst, most offensively bad customer service I've received in many a moon, yet it typifies what I've come to expect from Maine. Complimentary pancake and egg breakfast was small yet good. The cook, who doubles as waiter, has a vastly better personality than his boss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alouette is a beachfront destination with a variety of accommodations and levels of ameneties that fit the needs and tastes of both vacationers and business travelers.Ameneties include in season indoor and outdoor heated pools, a fun and casual cafe serving probably the best breakfast in town. Beachfront and ocean view vistas, many accommodations with kitchen facilities.The Alouette Sunrise Suites are brand new luxury suites -- they feature first class concierge level beachfront and oceanview suites, fireplaces, fantastic views from private balconies, soaking tubs, free long distance calls, free wifi, sauna and guest membership in a quality private health club.The Alouette also offers a selection of rooms that are "pet friendly" -- these accommodations includes beachfront and kitchenettes, Jacuzzi suites and economy offerings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Alouette Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alouette Beach Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Alouette Beach Old Orchard
- Alouette Beach Resort Old Orchard Beach, Maine