“Singing Praise For "The Wind Song"”

Alouette Beach Resort
Ranked #19 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed July 16, 2008

Prior to our recent vacation, my wife had never been to Maine and it had been 18 years since my last visit to OOB. I browsed through a few web pages and decided on The Alouette/Beach Resorts as our destination. I couldn't have hoped for more!
From our arrival, through to checkout, the ownership and staff were very accomodating and helpful. We woke each morning with the ocean as our front yard and returned later each day to a clean and restocked room. Aside from the bathroom's tiny size, we enjoyed our stay enough to re-book for next year at "The Wnd Song".

Jim & Barb Carey
Schuylerville, NY

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Skytowncal
There are newer reviews for Alouette Beach Resort

Reviewed July 7, 2008

I really hate to give such a low rating for this place. I rated 3 other places from my 1-week trip to Maine, and gave all of them 5 points out of 5.

We didn't care for this place. The room was below average, and did not seem very well cleaned. It was also pretty cramped. The indoor pool sounded good in theory, but was kind of gross - the area clearly had not been cleaned anytime recently.

The outdoor pool was a little down the street at the Beachwalk Inn, also owned by Alouette. It was a tiny pool and was deserted.

The only good thing was that the place is right on the beach. But I'd rather stay at a cleaner place, even if it wasn't directly on the beach. I can't understand how this place is #3 in popularity for hotels in the Old Orchard Beach area.

Reviewed July 1, 2008

Thr rooms need updating felt like 1980's. ..The bathroom in the room I stayed in was Very small with Zero counter space.. It had only a shower no tub and a window with a tiny curtian no shades. I had no room to get dressed in bathroom so I had to have family leave the room so I could change... The room seemed clean but the beds need new matresses...The plus of the whole place is the beach is right there...It is an ok place if you are there just for the beach and not wanting and extras...They do have many types of rooms so maybe it was just the type of room I got.

Reviewed June 25, 2008

First of all we all really enjoyed are stay at the Alouette. I've been coming to OOB for many of years both with my family and with my parents when I was a kid. We always stayed on the other side of the street where the train tracks are located. Not anymore. It was I, my wife and 3 young children ages 4-10 and we stayed in room #53. Couldn't of been more pleased with the stay. We had a cart for one of the children and they all took turns nightly sleeping on it. The room was very spacious even with the cart in it. I can go on and on about the stay but some of the most memorable parts were: We were right on the beach, the view from the room balcony was fantastic (We even slept with the screen on and the door open at night to awaken to the sight, smell and sound of the beach). The pool was very clean and the kids loved it. The owners and staff were fantastic anything you needed you became top priority. Continental breakfast was also nice. Nothing beat a 30 second walk from the room to the beach to go fly kites late in the afternoon. I look forward to staying there again in 2009. Thank You

Reviewed June 8, 2008

This is the second year in a row some friends and I rented rooms at the Alouette and it was awesome...they were extremely accommodating. They are a family owned hotel and made us feel like part of the family while there.
They had a free continental breakfast which was perfect, we had plenty to eat without overdoing it.
Awesome place would definitely recommend it to friends. We plan on going again next year...cant wait!!!

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank silverandspice
Reviewed April 29, 2008

Very dishonest...Owner quoted me a rate for ten days, I had the receptionist write down the rate on his card and I confirmed the price before I left. I went in three days later to book the room and spoke with the owner again, he refused to give me the rate he quoted and tried to charge me more. Suffice to say this guy is very dishonest I would not recommend this hotel as there are MANY other really great and honest businesses in the area.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank Lilly9Maine
Reviewed April 23, 2008

This is the perfect place for walking the beach, we stayed in millie a or b which is a cottage right on the beach. There is a kitchenette w/ everything you need to make meals in including coffee maker and cofee, microwave etc. This is a very charming place w/ an indoor pool ,onsite laundry ,breakfast is available in the little cafe on site. I cant say enough good things about the people who work there, you hardly ever see housekeeping although your rooms are always cleaned by the time you come back from the beach. Unless of course you never leave the resort which isnt hard to do either. We love going to old orchard and we will make our plans according to availability at The Alouette Beach Resort. You wont regret making your reservations early, then relax and enjoy and if you need anything Fred at the front desk will do all he can to accomodate you.
p.s its so close to the activities and shopping ( 10 min walk on the beach or sidewalk.)

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family