“Great Vacation!!!!”

Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
montreal
“Great Vacation!!!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Spent 5 nights at the Alouette September 3rd to 8th - we LOVED it - our dog, Shadow, especially loved it!!! The people who own and work at the hotel are all very nice and helpful!! The location can't be beat - right on the ocean and about a 10 minute walk to the Pier and Main Street - the on site restaurant had the most delicious breakfasts!!! We have already booked for next year!! To those with the negative reviews - If it's like home you want, then STAY home!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Westwood, New Jersey
Reviewed September 8, 2012

If you need to have top of the line to enjoy yourself, skip this property. However, while not really a resort. It is a quaint place. And the staff really tries My room was fun w a deck, ocean view. You are steps from the beach which is lovely. Great sand. Can walk to town. Lots of picnic tables and dogs are permitted! Great biking. It is noisy, especially if you are in a room close to the front where everyone conragates and you canhear the Amtrak train. Linens and low end. And bed was ok. I did get wifi which was free

Room Tip: Take an upper level room and ask for a deck
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Brandon, Vermont
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have never stayed in a worse hotel than this one. Our bathroom sink fell off the wall, they overcharged our credit card by $50.00 a night. The beds were so uncomfortable, my yoga pants came up missing after the cleaning lady cleaned our room the first day! and said they were no where to be found. No parking.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tiffany H
Canton CT
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and two children and i stayed at the Alouette Beach Resort . This was our 3rd trip to OOB and it won't be our last - but not at this hotel. The beds were as uncomfortable as other reviewers claimed. Almost all the screens had holes or were ripped. The shower head was barely attached. The WiFi hardly worked and when it did it was slower than dial up. The maid service was not wonderful - our soda cans disappeared and one day we found all our garbage and towels left on our porch. The front desk did return our recycling and had the garbage and towels taken away. ( but we had to ask) The pools were wonderful ( we used the indoor pool and the outdoor unheated pool at the Beachwalk)

The location was great - a few steps and we were on the beach - we enjoyed our porch and spent many hours listening to the waves.

For the amount of money that we spent i expected better accommodations

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 8 - the main bedroom had a full sized bed - the second bedroom had a full and a tw...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Gilford, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My mom, myself, my daughter, & my granddaughter (4 generations) stayed at the Alouette in July and we LOVED it! It was absolutley perfect. The staff were so helpful and friendly and welcoming. The room was great with a beautiful view of the ocean. We walked down the stairs, took 5 steps & we were on the beach. Fantastic! Didn't have to move the car for the entire stay. A short walk down the beach & there was the boardwalk/pier/amusement park. Something to do for everyone. I'd go back there right this second without hesitation. Can't wait to vacation there again next summer!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was our first time staying at this hotel. Mind you, we always stay at a hotel on the beach, never the same one, every single time we come to Old Orchard. This is our 4th vacation at Old Orchard Beach. We love it. The reason we never stay at any hotels more than once, is because we're never usually satisfied. I like to try all the different places on the beach, for hotel stays, ones that have good amenities. Okay, down to the actual review. There are some pros and cons with this hotel.

PROS:

Staff and maid service were very friendly - favorite maid was Jean! She's awesomely sweet!
Restaurant & Room Service was very good!
Directly on beach, perfect location!
Owners are very accomodating and nice

CONS:

Heated Pool - more like regular outside and non-heated. Was cold - nothing heated about it, couldn't even get into it to swim.

Free HBO - Nothing free about this, it wasn't offered free at all, if anything, we had to pay, and we decided not to, wasn't worth it, considering the false advertising here.

Oceanview Private Balcony - Nothing oceanview about this at all! Flimsy railing, couldn't lean on it, if anything, just to hang clothes, small plastic chairs and extra small table. Nothing oceanview about this scenery at all, more like a small side view. We paid good money for this "private balcony oceanview hotel". Completely false advertising here.

Tv - The volume and power buttons were broke on tv, didn't work with control.

Beds - Just like in another review that I read, the beds were hard and gave me back pain throughout my stay.

Closet - The door was broken

Laundry Services: There were two washing machines and two dryers. One unit of each were broken. Glad I was able to get my money back and use the other unit.

I will never stay at this hotel again, based on all the cons about the place. Even though it's directly on the beach. I might get one that's not a balcony, but the balcony was perfect to hang out wet clothes and a smoking area, but otherwsie, it's nothing I'd be interesting in going into again. I usually read reviews before staying at a place, but that never does me justice. Of all the reviews I've read on several hotels before booking, my review is always the oppossite of theirs.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Michelle W
Enfield, Connecticut
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed in room 22, which is advertised as "modest sized" and "the most reasonably priced units featured at the Alouette Beach Resort". We chose the hotel for the location, and for the price we couldn't have been happier with the location. Close enough to the pier to walk easily, far enough from it to avoid some of the beach congestion. We were able to walk out of our room and on to the sand in seconds. It was so nice to be right on the beach and in a beautiful area of it. The location is great!

We were warned by the website and by the staff at check-in that the room would be "very small", and we were pleased to see on our arrival that there was plenty of room for two to be comfortable for a few days. The bathroom was a tight squeeze, with toilet, sink and shower stall, but we were able to work with it. The water temperature tended to fluctuate while showering.

My one complaint is an important one... The bed. The mattress was old and worn out. You could feel the springs, and the overall surface area of the bed even appeared to slope to one side. Crooked, creaky and uncomfortable is a good way to describe it. Sleeping in it was painful. We only stayed 2 nights, so much like the small bathroom, we made it work.

We had breakfast at the cafe one morning, and the food and coffee we both great.

Overall, the hotel could use some updates, but the staff was friendly at check in/out, and the location is great. I'd ask if there have been any mattress upgrades before I'd stay again, but other than that, I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Ask about the beds in the room you are choosing.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple