Ok, i'm a very modest person and so is my wife.
We found some stuff that made us.. Mmhh...
For being off season it is WAY too overpriced. We just booked a room because it was strongly suggested by our relatives, they spent a week there the past july and all of what they were talking about was this great place on the ocean. We thought that, maybe, it was really well worth what Sea Cliff is asking for a stay.. NOPE, not in our experience...
The rooms are way too little. We got the room #7, facing the parking lot and other buildings, the roof dips down brutally, so both me and my wife had to bend down, to avoid smasing our heads to the sealing and walk to reach the small tiny dresser next to the fridge. A little round table with 2 chairs, too little to share a meal was pratically impossible, we had to take turns to eat something. A lamp hanged on the sealing with a broken hook, all the walls are chipped. We found the coffee maker in the bathroom on a platic shelf by the toilet. The shower is in a tight box, the drain wasn't working at all, we had to wait 15 minutes apart to each take a shower, to avoid flooding the bathroom.
The tv is placed way up on the wall, but that's ok to us, we did not come to Maine to watch tv.
There's one painting on the wall and it does not hang properly, instead it is screwed with 2 holes on the frame to the wall.
The room though was getting cleaned everyday, with fresh bedding sheets and fresh clean bath towels. The pool area is pretty. Nice pool and amazing hot tub. Only bad thing about that: too many chemicals. Our eyes started to burn after 5 minutes we were in. My wife's bathing suit ended up bleached.
The building itself feels a little unstable. Everything shakes, all made in old wood, not very well mantained, the white paint flakes off pretty easily. You can definitely hear everyone walking by, up and down the stairs, showers, the flushing of the toilet and so on.
One of the amenities that was working for us was wireless internet. A pretty strong signal and we where able to check the email and our bank account pretty easily.
One scary thing that happened, we found that out talking with our neighbors right before we left: An old lady slipped in the bathroom after the inn personnel waxed the floor. They put no sign, nor give any warning whatsoever to their customers. It ended up that this lady was laying on the bed with two big bruises under her eyes and a broken nose for she smashed her face against the heater. Her daughter notified the owner and she got an attitude back. Plus, the hotel yelled at the daughter for she used the clean, freshly replaced, bath towels to help her mother stop the bleeding from the nose and clean the scars on her nose and face. She was supposed to go ask the personnel of the hotel (whenever available) for different towels to use for that purpose.
Well, me and my wife were thinking for just a moment: What if that happened to one of us, getting no help and nothing but an attitude and being yelled?
The last episode was just the cherry that topped the cake, the rest of the cake itself it's not worth a second bite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sea Cliff House Motel is a beachfront property that has been under the same ownership for over 30 years. We have recently renovated the 3rd floor of our main house building and are proud to announce 2 new suites! (2012) We now have 3 luxury suites on our property. The Grand Suite, The Penthouse Suite and the Saco Bay Suite. Our property also has kitchenette units, jacuzzi rooms and of course ocean view rooms that will take your breath away. We are beachfront, offer a swimming pool and outdoor hot spa. Bring your hamburgers and hot dogs because the grills are located poolside for your convenience. All rooms have a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Free wifi and nationwide calling. The suites and kitchenettes are fully appointed. Just bring your clothing and food. NOTE: Only adults 18 & over can enter the hot tub spa ... no children are allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Sea Cliff House Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Cliff House Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Sea Cliff House And Motel
- Sea Cliff Hotel
- Sea Cliff Motel
- Sea Cliff House Motel Old Orchard Beach, Maine