My friend and I brought my 12 year old niece and two of her friends here for a weekend getaway.
The problems started before I even arrived. The motel charged me $10 each extra for each child even though it states clearly on the website ages 12 and under stay for free. When I discussed this with staff they told me I was wrong and they would be charging me the extra amount. I called back before we arrived to see why the rule was not being honored for me. The staff person (with attitude) acknowledged that I was overcharged and refunded me.
When we arrived a young man came running into our room yelling that we had 3 kids and not two and accused us of not telling them of the third child (we had). Later I witnessed the same young man stating to other customers that they could "lose the attitude."
I checked out the next day as planned as I had to head back to Portland to work the next day. My friend and the three kids stayed the next night before heading hours back to New Hampshire.
When I was leaving the staff convinced me to keep the $100 security on my card because it would be a hassle to transfer it to my friend's card (who was paying for the next night). I was weary of this and informed her that I needed the money back into my account within the earlier promised 4 days. They assured me it would not take any longer to refund to my account since she would be checking out on Sunday and either way the transaction wouldn't be started until Monday. They printed me out a confirmation and highlighted that the refund would be going back into my account not my friend"s when she leaves.
Thursday, the fourth day, came and went and the money was not in the account. I called to check on the status, they informed me they refunded the money to the wrong account. I informed them that I needed the money in the account by today which was why I was so worried about letting them keep it in the first place. The "manager" I was talking to asked me if he could call me back.
I received a call from a woman who stated that there was nothing they could do for me and that I would just have to deal with trying to get the money back on my own. I explained that I am working 14 hour shifts the next few days and do not have time to take care of this and as it was their mistake I requested they help. The lady stated that she doesn't see why they should have to help me since I am friends with the person they gave my money to. I reiterated that she lives hours away, I needed the money in the account by this day and I do not have the time right now to work on this, not to mention it was not my mistake.
I asked to speak with the owner and she stated "I will tell MY father-in-law that you called and if he has time maybe he will get back to you."
Today is almost two weeks since our stay there and I have not gotten any return calls and I am still out $100. I highly suggest looking elsewhere before considering staying at this establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sea Cliff House Motel is a beachfront property that has been under the same ownership for over 30 years. We have recently renovated the 3rd floor of our main house building and are proud to announce 2 new suites! (2012) We now have 3 luxury suites on our property. The Grand Suite, The Penthouse Suite and the Saco Bay Suite. Our property also has kitchenette units, jacuzzi rooms and of course ocean view rooms that will take your breath away. We are beachfront, offer a swimming pool and outdoor hot spa. Bring your hamburgers and hot dogs because the grills are located poolside for your convenience. All rooms have a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Free wifi and nationwide calling. The suites and kitchenettes are fully appointed. Just bring your clothing and food. NOTE: Only adults 18 & over can enter the hot tub spa ... no children are allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sea Cliff House Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Cliff House Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Sea Cliff House And Motel
- Sea Cliff Hotel
- Sea Cliff Motel
- Sea Cliff House Motel Old Orchard Beach, Maine