“A real dump” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 43 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Quebec City, Canada
“A real dump”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

The worst room i ever paid for. The deluxe room is a joke. The very dirty efficiency is located in a former wardrobe and is so small that you cannot use it or sit at the table. One bed is about 6 inches of the ac fan. Shower was brooken, walls with holes and the door have been forced.
Miss-matched dedding and poor mattresses.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pepejules
oobmtroyal, Manager at Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
I am very sorry to hear of your less than satisfactory experience, during your recent stay at the Mt Royal. Please call me at 207-934-2926. I would like to review your concerns, and look forward to reviewing your experience with us. Our goal is to exceed of all our guests expectations, and I appreciate your feedback as to how we have disappointed you. We are eager to correct this situation. Please call! Thank you,
Michael Lyden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ellsworth, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Were do I begin?! A group us of stayed here for a bachelorette party, reserved 3 rooms and we were all mortified!! The rooms were dingy with 70's wood paneling on the walls, bedding was all miss-matched & stained, 2 of the mattresses were sunken in around the edges, a punch hole in the wall, all fixtures were rusted, 2 pairs of little kid underwear tucked in the corner of one closet (creepy), one room there was a used floss pick on the floor, missing tiles on the bathroom floor, there was a train that went by right behind the place and much more. The pictures on the website were misleading and it cost $190.00 a night per room. We called other places and there was no vacancy so we were stuck. Thankfully we were only there one night!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank KatieS1313
I am very sorry to hear of your unpleasant stay with us at the Mt Royal. I do wish to discuss the particulars of your experience. Please call me at 207-934-2926-I do wish to review your stay with us. Please be assured that we do take all of our guests concerns to heart. We have many happy, guests who do enjoy staying with us, many who are repeat guests, so, I do wish to hear of your particular concerns, so that we can rectify them. I do hope you will choose to stay with us, and all Americas Best Value Inns, again in the future. Please call! I look forward to hearing from you.
Michael Lyden

Travelers are raving about these Old Orchard Beach hotels

Boston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

First let me state that it looks like they have remodeled some of the rooms as we noticed much cleaner rooms with hard wood floors near our room. However, this is not the case with ours. The room looked like a 1970's cheap motel, it was dark, musty, had the old plywood paneling. One of the lights did not work, the hair dryer did not work, the fridge was not very cold, the shower water pressure was very strange, it shot out and felt like pins hitting you and was so hot it almost burned your skin! Try adjusting it and it would change for a second and then turn boiling hot again. The sheets and bed spread looked old and not clean. The bathroom was small and had a strange metal shelf sticking out next to the sink, I cracked my head on the corner of the thing walking into the bathroom. There were a bunch of missing tiles on the floor in the bathroom.It was pretty bad and the money of around $175.00 per night was a rip off! The only reason we stayed 2 nights was I was with some friends and we stayed after playing golf, so I was not trying to impress them and we did not stay in the room much. The location of the place cant be beat. Right across from the amusement park and the beach. I would only go back there if I knew the room was remodeled.

Room Tip: Ask for room with hardwood floors.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Fitguy
I apologize for your unpleasant experience while staying at the Mt Royal. We do have many renovation upgrades planned over the winter, and we will complete renovations to get ready for our 2013 season! Please call me at 207-934-2926, as I would like to discuss your recent experience with us, and I do hope you will consider us again-with any future vacation plans. I look forward to hearing from you-Thank you again.Michael Lyden
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

All I have to say is GROSS!!!!! We checked in and checked right out..... Floors were dirty and I won't even mention what was under the beds, no shower head in the dirty looking bathtub, the sheets on the bed looked like they came off a neighbors bed plus the white sheets were filthy!!!! Curtains were half on, half off the windows. I'm not sure if there were bugs in the room (very good possibility as the mattresses looked questionable too!) I would tell anyone to spend the extra money and stay at The Hampton Inn in South Portland. Only about a 20 minute drive away from Old Orchard Beach. For approximately $50 more, you have a four star vs a no star at $171 a night!!! The only thing I felt bad about was the little young gal at the front desk, she felt very bad about the state of our room. I'm not a complainer but this was really bad! :(

Room Tip: The Hampton Inn, South Portland (continental breakfast included) Becky's On Hobson Wharf (good...
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wendy S
oobmtroyal, Manager at Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank your for bringing this to our attention. I am appalled that you encountered this experience upon choosing to stay at the Mt Royal. We do make every effort to make all of our guests as comfortable as possible. I have personally researched the chain of events that led to this situation, and have taken the necessary protocol to assure this type of event will not happen in the future. Please call me directly at the motel with any concerns. I do hope you will consider the Mt Royal and all Americas Best Value Inns for all of your future vacation destinations-Thank You
Michael Lyden 207-934-2926
Killington, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We booked this hotel as a last minute thing, so we weren't expecting a lot. Stay in OOB in July will be expensive no matter where you stay, so we tried to find cheapest and closest to the water. I've always gone camping with my family on OOB and this year my husband and I went on our own and stayed in a hotel so things would be easier. We got to our room and it was way way out dated. It was kind of fun to take a trip back to 1970 though (Ha). Our room was clean for the most part. Found some shoes under the beds and the kitchen area was probably something you would use as a last resort, but we weren't there to spend time in the hotel room so it worked. We were in the corner room closest to downtown so it was actually extremely convenient. We ended up parking our car and walking everywhere. Whenever we had to use the restroom we didn't have to pay the 25 cents, we could way 15ft to our room. When we bought stuff we could just run it back to our room. It was nice for us! I will warn, if you are looking for a place that is quiet, I don't recommend this hotel. It's right across from the amusement park and amongst all the hustle and bustle. It was a good time. I'd stay again, not for the room, but for the location.

Room Tip: If you're planning to go to the clubs and to be downtown out and about try to get room 00. It...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your feedback! Thank you so much! We do hope you will choose the Mt Royal , and any of the wonderful Americas Best Value Inns for all of your future vacation plans. Please call us directly at 207-934-2926 so that we may provide you personally with all of your vacation expectations. Thank You!
Sherbrooke, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Courteous staff,clean rooms and the perfect location for the kids ( beach and amusement park ) and at a good price....this will be our 3rd summer in a row and we wouldn't stay anywhere else !!! :) Thank-you Michael and staff for making our stay so comfortable !!! from Christine ,Jeff & the kids ,Sherbrooke,Quebec

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Christine S
oobmtroyal, Manager at Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly appreciate all of our many repeat guests, and all of our new ones, as well. We do strive to meet and exceed all of our guests expectations! We certainly enjoy hearing feedback on how well we are doing...thank you,and we look forward to seeing you again!
bronx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

we have vacationed at this hotel for many summers and have encountered a great and friendly staff...as well as a prompt response to any of our needs...the location is amazing and seconds away from the beauty of Old Orchard Beach/Pier/Palace Playland/Food...a place full of great and SPECIAL memories. The B: fam!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank jaynzeeBronx
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are certainly pleased that we met your expectations, and hope to see you again if you choose to revisit Old Orchard Beach again! We strive to meet and exceed all of our guests expectations! Please call us at any time 207-934-2926 and we will gladly assist you with your vacation plans!!!