First let me state that it looks like they have remodeled some of the rooms as we noticed much cleaner rooms with hard wood floors near our room. However, this is not the case with ours. The room looked like a 1970's cheap motel, it was dark, musty, had the old plywood paneling. One of the lights did not work, the hair dryer did not work, the fridge was not very cold, the shower water pressure was very strange, it shot out and felt like pins hitting you and was so hot it almost burned your skin! Try adjusting it and it would change for a second and then turn boiling hot again. The sheets and bed spread looked old and not clean. The bathroom was small and had a strange metal shelf sticking out next to the sink, I cracked my head on the corner of the thing walking into the bathroom. There were a bunch of missing tiles on the floor in the bathroom.It was pretty bad and the money of around $175.00 per night was a rip off! The only reason we stayed 2 nights was I was with some friends and we stayed after playing golf, so I was not trying to impress them and we did not stay in the room much. The location of the place cant be beat. Right across from the amusement park and the beach. I would only go back there if I knew the room was remodeled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Americas Best Value Inn in Old Orchard Beach, Maine is a two-story outdoor corridor horizontally shaped property with 55 comfortable Guest rooms. Some guest rooms are furnished with a kitchenette, jacuzzi, and 27 inch LCD TV. All guest rooms are furnished with high-speed Internet access, microwave, mini-fridge, cable TV, iron, ironing board, free local calls, and free newspaper. Relax in our ocean-view lounge overlooking the famous Old Orchard strip, or sit on the balcony and enjoy the refreshing ocean breeze. We are conveniently located near the center of town across the street from the Beach and Amusement Park. We are also close to the pier, restaurants, and bars with live entertainment. We welcome you to enjoy our crystal clear outdoor Pool. We have a courteous and experienced Staff. Come stay with us and enjoy the value of staying with Americas Best Value Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn Old Orchard Beach, Maine