“Food is not a priority here.”
Review of Pier Patio Pub

Pier Patio Pub
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Go here for the novelty of being at the end of the pier or for the entertainment. They do get some good bands. Yo Adrian is funnier if you're in a big group and you've had a few drinks. If you must eat here, avoid anything deep fried. Decline the roses and the jello shots and check for added gratuities. Pier restaurants are overpriced partially because there are many half price certificates out there. Enjoy the atmosphere of an OOB institution and have fun.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We did not go here for lunch or dinner, we ended up here for a friend's birthday and headed our way upstairs to a vibrant club full of college kids with a VJ blaring today's and yesterday's popular R&B, House and Pop hits. The Cape Cods were good and there was definitely good energy in the room. What we didn't like was the $10 fee to get in the door... this is not some martini bar in the Old Port, its OOB and the majority of people who end up here late on a Saturday night are college kids, European summer workers and locals with the random few Canadian tourists. The club itself is old and could use a big overhaul if it wants a charge a fee at the door, but we still enjoyed the music and the view of the ocean from the windows.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We went there for a few drinks...figured it would be nice while sitting with a view of the ocean. Wrong. We were not sure if we could seat ourselves and nobody looked to eager to help us, so I asked a woman working there and she was pretty rude. Our waitress was OK, but took about 15 minutes to even come to the table. Then we heard 2 waitresses talking to the customers sitting behind us about how rude one of their OTHER customers was. it was this big dramatic dialogue and it was quite obnoxious.

We are very easy going in general and just found the whole place a turn-off. We left after one drink. And, I know beach places tend to be casual and stuff, but it was filthy.

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

The Pier Pub is more of a bar than a restaurant. It's kind of a honky tonk, blue collar, twenty something kind of place.

During the day time hours, it's mostly a family oriented dining crowd. As night arrives, it becomes more of a bar crowd, predominantly catering to people in their early to late twenties, but you'll find patrons of all ages.

The best part is the two story layout with outdoor seating on the patio overlooking the beach. Upstairs is usually pumping hip-hop oriented dance music with a DJ and dance floor. Downstairs you'll find the main bar and a small stage where live rock bands and solo performers play. There's also an outside bar and small seating area for dining if you just want to sit outside and enjoy the view. Generally, there's live music on weekends from late afternoon onwards. The upstairs bar opens for dance music around 9 p.m.

The R-rated acoustic singer/comedian, Yo! Adrian, a British ex-pat, now hailing from Key West, plays on weeknights during summer and his interactive performances are a riot! Just don't sit too close to the stage, or you, your wife, or significant other might become the butt of his jokes!

The upside of this place is the location, view, and the waves crashing under your feet, watching the giant striped bass feed under the patio lights at the end of the pier. Fireworks on the beach Thursday nights.

The down side... Everything highly marked up to tourist prices. Food is nothing special. Greasy carnival/street vendor style fried bar food and drink marked up to restaurant prices. As of last summer, a 16oz. bottle of Bud was almost $7. A 12oz. Draught for $5.50. Mixed drinks even higher and served watered down in a tiny 12 oz. plastic cup filled mostly with ice. There's also a door cover past 9 p.m. Although, this might only be on weekends? I forget?

There's a heavy security presence here made up of Pier Security, as well as uniformed police. Some people say this can be a rough place, although I've never encountered many problems here. Sometimes aggressive drunks and thugs that are eager to fight, but security usually ends things fast. Only once last year did I have a problem.

I was asked to leave with my girlfriend after four beers consumed over three hours and a little eccentric dancing while singing to the music! What can I say, I'm not born to dance and I was probably a little awkward? Was a little perturbed to be asked to leave for coming out to have fun and trying to move on the floor! I thought security was a little premature to assume I was drunk?

After 13 summers of buying $7 beers here, I' like to say I won't return, but truth is, I'll probably return this year as always, just to see Yo' Adrian a few times?

1  Thank Adam81980
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Went here twice while in OOB. First time was for lunch. Place was kinda cool looking, wooden floors and the ocean underneath you. Got lobster rolls and drinks. Lobster was "ok"....I"m from Mass and had better! Drinks were ok also. Went back a second time just to have some drinks. Waiting on the outside deck for 20 minutes for someone to come over and clean one of the two filthy tables...no one came. Went to the bar and had a nice bartender/waitress. Got the chicken philly sub...it was good by needs mayo or something. Some of the characters walking in were shady...I can't even imagine what it looks like at night.