“I'd Return For The Moondoggie” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pier Patio Pub

Pier Patio Pub
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Amsterdam, New York
“I'd Return For The Moondoggie”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

We came here for dinner on June 1st at around 5:30pm. Not too busy at all. It was the first dinner of out Maine Vacation. My husband was not overly impressed with the beers on tap selection. He was hoping for more craft brews, but he did find one that he enjoyed. The Moondoggie Steak and cheese was really awesome. I added peppers, onions and mushrooms. Very yummy! I have been craving one ever since. Hubby had a bacon cheeseburger. It was average. Both came with crinkle fries. Definitely not hand cut or homemade fries, which is fine, but they were average at best. The atmosphere is very casual and it is nice to be able to look right out onto the beach. The service was satisfactory. The only complaint about the experience would be the beer selection, other than that it was okay. Not great, certainly not bad. I would go back for the Moondoggie for sure!

• Visited June 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Interesting people watching, nice view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stopped in here just to have a couple drinks with friends during Memorial Day weekend. Beers were cold, mix drinks strong. Servers were friendly. There was a nice mix of outdoor and indoor seating. The shot girls were a bit annoying, but after a few rounds of, "No thanks," they leave you alone.

The locals and/or tourists are interesting to watch. Attire doesn't seem to be much of a thought, not sure I would bring my kids here, but it is entertaining to see. Great view of the beach.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank parker617
Warren, New Hampshire
“Great time at The Pier”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

Our group had a function here. It was absolutely a great fun time. The band that was there was a mix of the 70's and country. We had a cookout type buffet with hamburgs, hotdogs and kielbasa with the fixings. More than enough seating with tables outside to take in the great weather. We were able to walk the pier and check out the shops. The Pier is at the end of the pier and our function was on the top floor which had a great view of the beach and ocean. We had a great time!!

New Brunswick
“Eating Adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

First off, if you are looking for fine dining this is not the place for you. If you want great food, fun atmosphere and a unique dining experience then this is where you should try. I took my 18 year old daughter and 2 of her friends to Old Orchard Beach for a mini-vacation before starting university. The girls all said that it was the best meal they had on the entire vacation. Food was not serviced on glass plates nor were the drinks in glasses but the quality of the good was great. Halfway through the meal my daughter looked across the table and said to us "is that the ocean I see between those floor boards" and of course it was cause you are literally out at the end of the pier in the ocean. If you sit still long enough you will even feel a gentle motion which we thought was really unique and great. We went out on the deck and the view was beautiful. The waitress was super friendly and gave us lots of tips for our little shopping/beach getaway. Prices were great and our experience was like a little eating adventure. We will be back. Remember it is very casual but great food and great service.

• Visited August 2011