“If your looking for seafood this is the place”

Jumpin Jakes Seafood Cafe
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2014

One of the best seafood restaurants in the area. Always fresh fish and cooked to perfection. Yes it's a bit funky but has all the things we look for in a restaurant, good food , good service, full bar. Jumpin Jakes has great seafood meals. We had the baked haddock, and a combo plate of fresh scallops and haddock. We'll be a repeat customer.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

My family recently ate at Jumpin Jakes. There were 7 if us in our party, three being children under the age of 7. The staff was very friendly and was prompt in getting the kids meals in and served. Big props!! The meals for the adults quickly followed and were delicious. We had the summer salad (raves from my Mom). The blackened fish sandwich was great as we're the steamed clams. We all left feeling satisfied and glad that we stopped.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

The inside of this place threw me off...the place is tacky and not well taken care of. There was plastic on the windows in July. The menu is odd and pricey. I had chicken fingers and fries, I was afraid to eat anything else. They were pretty good but the menu was humdrum....and expensive. Our waitress was great though, very friendly and attentive. I would not eat there again.

1  Thank purplevortex
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I like to say that it doesn't look good from the outside. When you look at the menu is seems a bit pricey. I have to say that when I was done eating , both my wife and I said the food was excellent.
Give credit to cook(s) in the kitchen, great Job.
The appetizer menu needs to be worked on, kinda blah. They should take a page out of the strike zone app menu down at the beach and follow there app. menu.
Overall was nice experience and will be back.

I would like to make one last comment on the hostess.( Kudos to her) I overheard a person who was clearly handicapped in frantic state. It appeared that he was left alone. The hostess kindly sat him down at a table to calm him down. She asked if he wanted to call someone. This person said he did not have a cell phone so the waitress offered hers.

Come to find out he did not know how to dial a phone, the waitress proceeded to dial for him. What got my goat was this manager, owner or whoever he was giving the hostess crap cause he accused her of texting on the job and was being mean( jerk) to the hostess. If he was the manager, he should be fired, if he was the owner he needs to go to management class and find some class ( get a grip Sir). I think she may have been HS student? The hostess did the right thing. That's what good people do. Not many good people left don't you agree.

Good job cook(s), waitresses and hostess.

As for the mean dude, go pound sand.

1  Thank Ray C
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I went into jumpin jakes on a Monday night. They were busy but got us right in. Our waitress came over immediately and was very friendly. I had the seafood pie and my husband had the seafood platter. My dish was excellent, served with delicious fresh mashed potatoes (not the microwave kind most restaurants serve) my husbands meal was HUGE. It has so much fish and it was all lightly batter and perfectly fried. The fish tasted nice and fresh. Our waitress was friendly, fast and attentive. I would recommend this restaurant!