“Fun Place to Go!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I really love Jumpin Jakes. The owner Rick Payette is great and a very talented artist as seen by the art work displayed in the restaurant. The food is consistently wonderful and the staff and service excellent. The bar is a great place to meet some of the locals and others visiting the area. I also understand that Rick is very active in the community supporting the local food bank. There are so many things to like about this place that it is hard to include. Check it out!

1  Thank AMBussolini
There are newer reviews for Jumpin Jakes Seafood Cafe

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We enjoy Jumpin Jakes, we have always enjoyed a consistent quality meal year round. Nothing fancy but the food is delicious , fresh and generous! The manager and staff are awesome !

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to the community dinner on Thursday night for the first time last week and had a phenomenal meal! $14 and we got DELICIOUS fish cakes with homemade tartar sauce, I got a the baked haddock Nantucket which had bacon, fresh tomatoes, and swiss cheese which was a delight, and then an unbelievable apple/pumpkin bread pudding dessert with a whiskey reduction sweet sauce drizzled on top. We will be there again soon for sure!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Here's a fun little spot in OOB with excellent food, and quick, friendly service. Family friendly with something for everyone.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Went to Jake's last night around 7pm--after the maine dinner rush was gone and had a wonderful experience. We had the clam cakes which were definitely homemade and seasoned perfectly (they're comparable to huot's but with more flavor) with amazing homemade tartar sauce. I had the blackened haddock sandwich which was an appropriate portion for the cost and cooked just right. My boyfriend had the meatball sub. The meatballs are in fact homemade and AMAZING...(obviously I stole a bite) and combined with the sauce and cheese made for a great meal on a rainy Friday night. There are paintings on the wall that apparently the owner created--good for him to be able to run a top-notch restaurant and be creative to boot.