“Amazing!”

Hoss and Mary's Grub Shack
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Burger and Sandwich Joint on a Beautiful little Marina on Stock Island. See our Facebook page for more details. Thank you!
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My friends and I spent the weekend at the Beachwood Motel, which is right next to Hoss and Mary's, so we literally spent the entire weekend eating their food. I'm a vegetarian (my friends are not) and I had no trouble ordering anything here. The first night, they made me a vegetarian flaming moo burger and it was SO delicious. The coffee cake is to die for - same with the mother futchers shake. All 4 of my friends loved their food - not one complaint on anything.

Not only is the food delicious, the customer service is excellent! They were extremely helpful and friendly - even giving my boyfriend and I Key West advice (our next vacation adventure). Hoss and Mary's is a must in Old Orchard!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

After searching TripAdvisor for resturants in the OOB area, we decided to try this place with all the great reviews. We got a Steak sandwich, Lobster BLT burger and Onion rings to share and it came to $26. The onion rings tasted like they were frozen vs Home-made and were barely warm. Nothing special about the steak sandwich and the Lobster Buger was pretty good.

4  Thank Roxie802
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I love this place!! Such good food. I usually get the hypocrite- a veggie burger with bacon. It's delicious, as are the fries, with or without cheese. My boyfriend did the manimal challenge and completed it, saying it wasn't so hard because the food was so damn good! Great concoctions and a lot of creativity. Such a nice change from the rest of the beach food scene. Hoss and Mary love what they do and you can taste it in their food!

1  Thank Kelly C
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I had heard a lot and read a lot of reviews on here for this place, so I decided to try it. I ordered the double cheeseburger, onion rings and kraut dog. The burger was good, but the meat didn't taste like there were any seasonings on it. The onion rings tasted like frozen rings and the hot dog was so overcooked, I couldn't eat it. Maybe they don't understand that hot dogs are already cooked and don't need to be cooked very long, but heated to a decent temperature. I also tried the coffee cake. Now that was worth the trip. I was told to heat it in the microwave after putting some butter on top. It was excellent!!! All things considered, I may try this place again, but will choose something different from the menu, maybe.......:)

6  Thank crickeyman
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The food was OK. Nothing great but the woman that took our order was rude and not friendly at all. We definitely will not go back for that reason.

8  Thank downlowimports