“Amazingly delicious”

Hoss and Mary's Grub Shack
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Burger and Sandwich Joint on a Beautiful little Marina on Stock Island. See our Facebook page for more details. Thank you!
Reviewed May 19, 2011

They have moved walking distance from my house. Its the best stuff-your-face food in town by a mile! Bacon-egg-cheese burger WOOO!! Also I am well on my way to obesity. Please make it less delicious.

Patrick

Reviewed May 16, 2011

I've been to Hoss and Mary's many, many times when they were in Arundel. It was always excellent, I have been a couple times since the move and still.
Excellent. I love their burgers; I dislike the big huge burgers where all you can taste is beef, that's why their burgers are my favorite out of anywhere else.
and I love-love-love their cheesy friend.
I am not too daring, however, so I have not tried many of the other choices on their menu. But I know for a fact they take care and pride when making and cooking these things, so anyone who has the taste-buds for the different selections would enjoy it. <3

Reviewed May 3, 2011

Well we went here Sunday ALL excited cause we have heard such good things ordered lots of food! 50.00 worth to be exact and I was VERY dissappointed. First thing Burgers shouldnt NOT be called burgers when they are the size of a SLIDER. we ordered the shepards pie burger 2 of them took 2 bites and the LITTLE that was left from that was fed to the dog, for 6.00 it was very small, very salty and just not good. second ordered another cheeseburger for another 5 dollars again SMALL the size of a slider, tasted okay but could have eaten 3 for the size they are and the price they charge. ordered abother of the 2 specialty sandwiches they offer and were again dissappointed not only in the size but the taste.... the coleslaw was good and the cheese/ranch/bacon fries were good too even though they needed more cheese. a small portion for 5.95. and they are frozwn fries. THIS place is HIGHLY overrated. and I mean HIGHLY and the prices are too high for the size portions. I was really loooking forward to eating here because of all the hype from the man vs Food episode and I did visit thier arundel maine location before and it wasnt bad. I can say I wont go back and I live local too OOB and we eat out 2 or 3 nights a week. This place was just not worth a second visit. AND what i really dont understand is HOW this place is rated #1 in Old Orchard!!!! thats just crazy!!! when thier are such great places too eat such as the landmark, jj's, and even strikezone and brunswick!

4  Thank beachbum4u40
Management response:Responded May 9, 2011

Maam. Sincerely we are sorry that you and your group did not like your Takeout order. As you and my wife had an extremely pleasant conversation while I was finishing your order,I assumed all would be enjoyed and I guess i was wrong. However a simple phone call would have had you're money IMMEDIATELY returned to you or new food on your table. Our burger patties are small. 2 and a half ounces pre cooking. They are meant to be stacked or added to other items. They are not sliders. Our fries are indeed frozen. We don't do handcut fries. Not everyone does. Most people think our portions are huge. We were on Man Vs Food afterall. As for "Hype" about the show you certainly didn't hear it from us as we couldn't care less about that. That sheppards pie burger was a special request from a fan and I agree that batch was a little salty as I don't have a true recipe for it. But if you visited us before and from all the great things you heard , you know we are at least decent people who deserve a little better than this bad mouthing here. As far as being "number One" of OOB restaurants, Thats because a bunch of our fans posted good reviews all at the same time. It has nothing to do with us being better than any of those places you mentioned, most of which we have been to and enjoyed recently. Again sorry you didn't enjoy your food and sorry you won't be back. We are just not for you. Thank you. Hoss

Reviewed April 19, 2011

The atmosphere is inviting and colorful. Food is wonderful. Hoss and Mary are friendly and it show that they love what they do.

Reviewed April 14, 2011

A bright and cheery new restaurant of delicious foods are offered with a sunny and fun atmosphere here im my great town of Old Orchard Beach. Maine...

Home made meat loaf, mashed potatoes . gravy, wonderful comfort food, for a blustery spring day right near our beautiful sandy beach ..... I loved it.

I am looking forward to bringing friends and relatives along on my next visit.

"Bon Appetit" and best wishes to Hoss and Mary..

1  Thank brandiemuffin