“Our room was fine!”

Ranked #41 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Baltimore, Maryland
“Our room was fine!”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I had already booked our room and paid for it in full when I read some of the reviews posted at this site. I was practically in tears before we arrived, and warned my husband and told him to bring plenty of lysol. I was so paranoid I even brought a sleeping bag, in case the sheets were disgusting. Well, I guess you can't believe everything you read! Because we stayed in room 14 during Veteran's Day Weekend 2011 (mid-November), much past the busy summer season. Was our room gorgeous? No. The furnishings, carpet and bathrooms had not been updated for many, many years. It's downright dumpy both outside and in. But: the room, kitchenette, and bathroom were spotless, the bed linens were pristine, and the mattress was SUPER comfortable. The room did not have any bad odors, and in fact our room was designated "non-smoking." The price was ridiculously cheap and the location is almost directly across from the pier. It was never my plan to spend much time in my room, anyhow. I'm sorry other reviewers here had a bad experience but as of November 2011 I can only say that we had a very pleasant stay and for the money, you really can't complain. I would stay there again. The only reason I gave it an "average" rating is because the decor needs updating.

Room Tip: room 14 was fine.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gcb4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Standish, Maine
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I can not see how this place could get a 2 star, much less anything else for a review. I strongly believe the reviews for 3+ are not real people who have stayed here.

We stayed this past weekend and had two rooms. So - we have 2 rooms to verify our findings. While it is close to OOB and a very short walk, that is all the positives. It was way overpriced at $80 a night for each room. I actually thought the rate was about $30 or maybe $35 - but my sister paid for the room.

Each room is slanted, so your equilibrium is off the whole time. Then have a couple of cocktails and wow - weird feeling. The bedding is very old. The carpet the same. They do not tell you the train is directly behind the hotel. Not only does it go buy at 6am and 7am - I left after the second train, but it blows its whistle and the whole place shakes. The walls are so thin - you can hear people walking, as well as talking and yes, snoring!

Find another place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank mainelydmj

Travelers are raving about these Old Orchard Beach hotels

ma
Reviewed August 12, 2011

The staff was very nice, we didn't stay the night like we were supposed to. This is NOT a place I would take children.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank rusty1Ma
Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Have been having a nice time traveling up and discovering Southern Maine. This place is the closest to the down town and is under construction, Got and excellent all new room with a kitchen. Really nice deep heated pool....Dropped the bike and walked a shortway to the pier, beach and lots of bars, try JJs around the corner, and brunswick outdoor bar on the beach a couple blocks away. If you want quiet, not the place as fireworks on Thursdays nearby, trains, etc.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Admiralkittlemeyer
Reviewed August 7, 2011

The motel was just 1/2 block off main street so walking to everything was easy. The rooms are clean and neat. Furnishings are a little outdated but otherwise fine. The double double was spacious and included a kitchenette.
I would recommend this place to anyone looking to stay in Old Orchard and park the car once and never have to move it until you are going home.

Room Tip: The 1 bedroom is worth it, only a small increase in price over the double double and can fit a lot o...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Well this is our second trip too OOB and stayed at the Seabreeze both times.... Last year there was ALOT that needed to be done and this year they are working on it.... soo the property is under construction, and close to the railroad tracks.... which can be loud. The pool is in great shape and well maintained in the pool area, the outside again is under major renovation so expect construction workers and loud tool sounds anytime after 8 am. Our bathroom was clean and bathtub looked brandnew i wasnt afraid too get in and take a bath.... ALOT better then last year when I would NOT have saoked in the tub that was in our room.... and there are Other minor upgrades as well... I do agree with other reviews the rooms smell of Smoke and kinda moldy and new Carpets are a must at this place!!!! as far as the rooms being clean, ours was clean BUT the carpet did smell smoky, or maybe just the room in general. The staff was VERY accomadating and allways nice when we did need some help or had complaints.... THis is NO 4 star Motel or even 3 too be honest and way over priced! But close to everything downtown which is convenient for us. I do give them a thumbs up for trying to improve and having a great staff all around.... BUT still need too do alot more for me too give a REALLY GOOD REVIEW!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank oobgirl2008
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 17, 2011

This place was absolutely disgusting! As soon as we opened the door we were overwhelmed with a horrible stench of cigarettes, feet, and cat pee. There were bugs in the bathroom, ceilings and walls were stained and I didnt step barefoot on the rug. Defintely over-priced and would NEVER EVER recommend this motel to ANYONE!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends