“Second Visit”
Review of Crest Motel

Crest Motel
Ranked #7 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is the second time my husband and I chose to stay at this motel. We originally chose it because we came during off season when it was too cold to swim in the ocean, so we wanted a place that had an indoor swimming pool and hot tub. Last time we used and enjoyed both, this time, unfortunately, my schedule wouldn't allow it, as I was up in Maine to attend a conference in Portland. Still, the rooms are well equipped and comfortable. We had a queen and single bed in our rooms along with a kitchenette. The room overlooked the pool. All was kept clean in the hotel, and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The beach is a short walk down a boardwalk (that can use a little fixing up, but it's passable).
This visit we also had the benefit of receiving our third night free, which made it a great bargain, much cheaper than what I would have had to pay if staying right in Portland. Portland was an easy jaunt the two days I had to head there, and there are lots of restaurants and activities close by to make the area fun. We will return, and hopefully next time we'll have time to use the facilities more.

Room Tip: This is a family type motel, so there will be kids splashing in the pool, and some noise, but it was...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed at the Crest motel unfortunately only for a night which was a shame given that the hotel has direct access to the beach and is conveniently located close to shops and restaurants. Our room was on the ground floor with no real view but was very clean. The staff was very helpful and flexible. The place is very well suited for family with kids given the indoor pool and location.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We recently spent a week at the Crest and had a great time. We are from western Mass. and have been coming to Old Orchard for the last few years, staying at various motels each time. The Crest is now at the top of our list. We stayed in the room facing the ocean and the view was fantastic. Our room was very clean and kept that way every day by a very courteous staff. We thank you all for a great vacation. C.Reum

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Rooms are comfortable, the beach is just steps away, and a hot tub for the cool breezy days. We really enjoy having an annual steak and lobster meal cooked on the outdoor grills and enjoyed on the picnic tables in the yard. Makes us feel like we're at our home away from home!

Room Tip: We have stayed in two of the doubles, the room with the hot tub, and one of the suites. All were ex...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I try to be objective when writing a review. We stayed just 1 night. Would I have liked to stay longer...no. I know the accommodations at this destination look about the same....motel-lish. So, I don't expect much. Customer service from the Front Desk - delightful. The location on the beach - great. The condition of the property - so/so. They had a picnic/playground area which is nice for a family and the option to grill is a nice perk. Our room, I got the last one, which was probably the worse (I hope) needed a makeover. Interestingly enough, I was able to see some other rooms. Some had better furniture and flatscreen tvs, but some rooms were like ours. Room 215 was one of the better rooms. The beds were not good at all. My guy's back was bothering him the next day and I was tossing and turning because I really couldn't get comfortable. The big plus - The rooms were clean. I was impressed by the cleaniness of the bath. The reviews were right on-point with that.

Overall, its a place that is cool for a last minute, short term stay (2 nights). Depending on what's important to you...a great location or a comfortable bed. I would say...you should make that determination.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eventfuls
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We took a short trip to OOB with our daughter , her husband and 18 month old son. We were very happy with Crest Motel. The location was perfect, walking distance to Pier activities and many dining choices. Far enough away so it was quiet at night. The playground area was perfect for our Grandson and the pool was clean and warm w ith lots of chairs for relaxing. 3 generations and we were all satisfied. T

Room Tip: almost all of the poolside rooms had an oceanview
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The rooms were very clean. The beach was just steps away. The pier was a short walk so no need to take your car anywhere but not too close to hear the noise. Jumping into the warm Jacuzzi after the beach was a great way to end the day. The front desk staff were very friendly and always helpful. We had a fabulous time.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family