“very clean”
Review of Crest Motel

Crest Motel
Ranked #7 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We recently spent a week at the Crest and had a great time. We are from western Mass. and have been coming to Old Orchard for the last few years, staying at various motels each time. The Crest is now at the top of our list. We stayed in the room facing the ocean and the view was fantastic. Our room was very clean and kept that way every day by a very courteous staff. We thank you all for a great vacation. C.Reum

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Rooms are comfortable, the beach is just steps away, and a hot tub for the cool breezy days. We really enjoy having an annual steak and lobster meal cooked on the outdoor grills and enjoyed on the picnic tables in the yard. Makes us feel like we're at our home away from home!

Room Tip: We have stayed in two of the doubles, the room with the hot tub, and one of the suites. All were ex...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I try to be objective when writing a review. We stayed just 1 night. Would I have liked to stay longer...no. I know the accommodations at this destination look about the same....motel-lish. So, I don't expect much. Customer service from the Front Desk - delightful. The location on the beach - great. The condition of the property - so/so. They had a picnic/playground area which is nice for a family and the option to grill is a nice perk. Our room, I got the last one, which was probably the worse (I hope) needed a makeover. Interestingly enough, I was able to see some other rooms. Some had better furniture and flatscreen tvs, but some rooms were like ours. Room 215 was one of the better rooms. The beds were not good at all. My guy's back was bothering him the next day and I was tossing and turning because I really couldn't get comfortable. The big plus - The rooms were clean. I was impressed by the cleaniness of the bath. The reviews were right on-point with that.

Overall, its a place that is cool for a last minute, short term stay (2 nights). Depending on what's important to you...a great location or a comfortable bed. I would say...you should make that determination.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eventfuls
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We took a short trip to OOB with our daughter , her husband and 18 month old son. We were very happy with Crest Motel. The location was perfect, walking distance to Pier activities and many dining choices. Far enough away so it was quiet at night. The playground area was perfect for our Grandson and the pool was clean and warm w ith lots of chairs for relaxing. 3 generations and we were all satisfied. T

Room Tip: almost all of the poolside rooms had an oceanview
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The rooms were very clean. The beach was just steps away. The pier was a short walk so no need to take your car anywhere but not too close to hear the noise. Jumping into the warm Jacuzzi after the beach was a great way to end the day. The front desk staff were very friendly and always helpful. We had a fabulous time.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed at the Crest for 4 nights. The room and the bathroom were very clean. That's always the first thing my wife and I look for when we arrive in a room. The semi-indoor heated pool was great for my 10yr old and I to use when we wanted a break from the beach. I do wish at least one of the bed's were queen or king size but that was very minor compared to all the great things about the motel. As others have said the Motel is on the beach and within a 10 minute walk to shops and the amusement park. Every request that we had was happily taken care of. As an example, we were bringing 2 boxes of 6 lobsters each back home with us (we bought the lobsters from a nearby pound). We asked one of the owner's son's if they wouldn't mind refrigerating our boxes until the next morning. They happily took care of it and we picked up our lobsters from the front desk the next morning. We would stay at the Crest again in a heart beat.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the ocean stay on the second floor.
1  Thank leadout_kv
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My family of four spent last week at The Crest on Old Orchard Beach once again. We love staying at The Crest. It's in a perfect location...close enough to walk to "The Center" where the amusements, shops, and restaurants are... but far enough away that you are not bothered by the noise. The motel is set back a little from the beach but you just walk right through the parking area to reach the sand. That works out perfectly to put all your beach "stuff" (chairs, umbrellas, etc) back in your vehicle at the end of the day so you don't need to lug it all back to your room. The large inground hot tub is incredibly relaxing. The pool is enclosed so you can still enjoy a swim on a rainy day, but it still feels very open because the structure is all glass with several sliding doors. There is a playground area for smaller children. There are several grills available in the picnic area if you choose to barbecue. Rooms, especially the bathrooms, are very clean. The air conditioning kept the rooms quite cool. I can't say enough about the staff at this motel. They are so very helpful and extremely nice. I thought there was a problem with the refrigerator in our room. As soon as I reported the issue to the office they sent someone to us. Turns out I unplugged the wrong thing in order to charge my phone. WHOOOPS. The staff member had a chuckle with me over that one. Paul runs a great operation on a beautiful New England beach. We are already planning to return next year.

Room Tip: The units with a full kitchen are very convenient if you don't mind cooking while on your vacati...
1  Thank nunu2008